I'm hoarding axes.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Paddy, you should be looking at the car boot sales mate. That's where I got the majority of the axes you see there.

Andy

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
Oh I do when we get the chance . Last visit I grabbed a load of hammer heads but never any axes . I need a better booty

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Yeah..... I just bought a double bit axe head from the states. And a mate of mine is going to bring it over in a few weeks.

Just need to sort out a handle. :)

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Is that a cheeky Argos axe I spy in there Gill? - considering their price I rate them very highly. Once they've been touched up.

Pignut - I love those axes. Really well done there chap. I have an axe that I was doing something similar with, but I think I'll alter the shape slightly. ;)

All the best
Andy

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
maybe buddy I was given an the axe by a friend so not sure where it came from ,what I can say is that it is a good axe!

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
Been out of bushcrafting action for over a year with rotator cuff issues in both shoulders due apparently to no longer moving heavy objects after retiring, after physio I am back doing press ups etc. these are some of my axes, there are another half dozen now + parangs etc.

axes.jpg

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Glad to hear your shoulders are back to where they should be John. I'm sure that was pretty sore.

Quite a nice collection there too. I was trying to explain my number of axes to a non outdoorsy buddy of mine. I tried the "its like shoes - you need different ones for different tasks" But that didn't quite wash with him. :(

I wonder - between all the members here, how many axes we have. And how big a proportion of those are GB SFA's....

All the best
Andy

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I only have four axes, and one of those is not in useable condition.

I feel inadequate. :(:sigh::sulkoff:

No need for that Harvestman as you can only use one at a time, out of mine that range from £60 to 50 pence I am pulled to a £2 boot market buy most days.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I think my £3 argos axe see's the vast majority of the work. But the bigger axes earn their way too.

Andy

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
Glad to hear your shoulders are back to where they should be John. I'm sure that was pretty sore.

Quite a nice collection there too. I was trying to explain my number of axes to a non outdoorsy buddy of mine. I tried the "its like shoes - you need different ones for different tasks" But that didn't quite wash with him. :(

I wonder - between all the members here, how many axes we have. And how big a proportion of those are GB SFA's....

All the best
Andy

Andy thanks; for a while I had trouble putting a shirt on, I'm not going to take up powerlifting again, I just want to be able to swing a decent size axe as you know my smaller axes are for the grandchildren and friends offspring.

As for explaining to the uninitiated why we need sharp things; before I retired I remember chatting about axes to a Scottish Peer who ran his estate like a co operative with his tenants they all had one vote. The Peer said "You are the only person in this place who I can discus axes with without worrying about them thinking I was a potential murderer"

I don't own any GB axes however I use their handles in 1.5lb-1.75lb heads, they work well and are much cheaper, like Wood Trekker's "a cheap alternative to a GB small forest axe".

http://woodtrekker.blogspot.co.uk/s...0-05:00&max-results=20&start=81&by-date=false

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Mrs L 'Why have you got seven axes? '

Me 'Because I havent seen an eighth one I like yet'

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

haha. I will be using that line from now on! Comedy gold! Particularly as I've just bought another welder.... ;)

All the best
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE