I'm hoarding axes.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
image.jpg

I've added three in a very short space of time.... But they all have a very specific job so that's ok right?

One of them is technically on loan.

Andy

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Always good to have a few :).. I've got 10 at the mo ready to use and Three in Sick bay, after rescuing them from Car Boots, they are ready for helving now :)..

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I thought my three Gransfors was a lot! I'm an amateur it seems when it comes to hoarding axes! I reckon you can never have too many! :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
The best thing is to try different types and makes, then you start to realise that there is some very good kit out there :), think the most I paid for an axe was my cold steel tommahawk.. the rest were a couple of quid each, and a few hrs of graft.... I also make all my own helves if they need replacing :)

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Agreed.

Nothing more satisfying then retouching, helving a car boot/unloved axe

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am not one for doing any more then a tidy up and a de-rust, I like to keep axes as they were made :)

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
The correct term for that group is "a reasonable start" :)

BWAHAHAHAHA! That made I laugh!

Nope, no splitting maul. I've yet to convince the landlord to let me put a stove in so I have zero need for one just yet. But it is inevitable. ;) As is a double bit.

Pignut are those old Kent patterns?

Cheers
Andy

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
BWAHAHAHAHA! That made I laugh!

Pignut are those old Kent patterns?

Cheers
Andy

Yeh all kent patterns. I to like to leave an axe as is. However those are (mostly) made to remove cracks/splits in the steel

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I'm new to axes and didn't have one for the moot last year or the funds to buy one so I re-claimed a ball pein hammer and made my own . now I NEED more .ball pein axe.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE