I'm being stalked... by a cat.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophielou10

Aug 18, 2010
england
I've recently moved to a new area, new beginnings and all that.
But I'm being stalked! A jet black cat, slim but not skinny, not young not old cat is watching me. Every time I look out the window, I see it.
It sits on the car, but i haven't seen it on any other cars. It sits on our door mat for gods sake.Just wondering if anyone else has every been stalked by a cat?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
when we moved into our current house we had a little cat that used to come and sit on the back garden waiting for us to get home, we'd get a little bit of a fuss and then he'd tried and come in the house with us, lovely at first, damn infuriating after a while. eventually he had a meeting with my dog, he doesn't come round anymore!

cheers

stuart

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
we get next doors cat in our garden more than they do,..

it sits on the conservatory window sill looking longingly at us,,,

i dont particularly get on well with cats but dont know how to discourage it

if we have the window open, he/she/it just wanders in and sits there, cheeky little,.......anyway, dont know if it counts as stalking but there you go,..

Stu

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
oh BR, they're wonderful resourseful affectionate inteligent creatures.

Sophie, make friends with your little stalker and it will give you hours of entertainment and company.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
water pistols work wonders.
there is this really lairy cat that keeps coming into out garden and fighting ours. one squirt, GONE :)

pete

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
oh BR, they're wonderful resourseful affectionate inteligent creatures.

Sophie, make friends with your little stalker and it will give you hours of entertainment and company.

No, actually they are disease vectors, songbird killers and defecate on foodstuffs and where children play. I have no problem with whatever pets people want to have so long as they look after them responsibly. Responsibly includes not having them inconvenience others. If a neighbours dog came into a cat owners garden and killed it, there would be an outcry. But cat owners think that their pets going into other peoples gardens killing, defecating in vegetable gardens and in childrens sand pits is socially acceptable. It isn't. Its nasty, irresponsible and unclean. Cats off their home turf are indeed vermin - and should be treated accordingly.

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
They are following their nature. As a fox follows its nature. Its their irresponsible owners that I dislike.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
gottcha, with you on that one, i feel the same about dog owners ( i don't have either at the moment since my buddy ( dog ) died 2 months ago, do still miss her )

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Glad we agree. Dog owners keep their dogs in their house / garden. We spend money on fencing etc. If our dog attacks livestock and gets shot, we are embarassed.

The house I just moved from was a pheasant shoot. The local "cat lady" thought it was okay for her cats to kill poults and even full grown birds. The gamekeeper was nearly assaulted by her for treating the cats as he would any other vermin on private land.

I just don't get how cat owners think its okay for their animals to kill and cr** in toddlers play areas.... How is that okay? Sure have a cat, but keep it on your own land. And for those who say you can't - you can. There is roller fencing and many other solutions to prevent your cat getting out of your garden. If you don't have a garden, don't have a cat.

Red

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Your all mean! Lol

I've got 5 cats and all of them have unique personalities, the oldest (12yrs old) is tough as old boots, regularly stalks man,woman,child,dogs,cats,cars,vans etc. All are litter trained but do the business in a corner of our garden.

The closest childs play area is over a mile away.

I know cats arn't most peoples cup of tea, but to be called and treated like vermin is a tad to strong IMHO.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
No, actually they are disease vectors, songbird killers and defecate on foodstuffs and where children play. I have no problem with whatever pets people want to have so long as they look after them responsibly. Responsibly includes not having them inconvenience others. If a neighbours dog came into a cat owners garden and killed it, there would be an outcry. But cat owners think that their pets going into other peoples gardens killing, defecating in vegetable gardens and in childrens sand pits is socially acceptable. It isn't. Its nasty, irresponsible and unclean. Cats off their home turf are indeed vermin - and should be treated accordingly.

Red

I'm in full agreement with Red, my garden is visited by at least three cats who do their job on my grass and I have grandkids that love playing in the garden. I'm sick of cleaning the mess up.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
next door have two cats one of which takes much pleasure in winding up my two dogs, it sits in next doors garden and as soon as it hears me open my back door it runs up the six foot fence pocks it head over and waits for the dogs to come out. nxt door have now got use to seeing my dogs head pock over there fence and allways two inch behind the bloody cat, all i can say is those nine lives must be getin low!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I know cats arn't most peoples cup of tea, but to be called and treated like vermin is a tad to strong IMHO.

So long as you keep them out of other peoples gardens they aren't. Once they go onto other peoples land, they are.

Is it okay for your pets to kill songbirds other people spend time and money encouraging? Or to mess in other peoples gardens where their children play? And please, don't tell me you know what they get up to when out of your garden - you can't know.

So long as your cats are kept on your land, you are a responsible owner. If not - they are indeed vermin to the people who have to clean up after them, whose children touch their mess, whose pets and livestock they kill.

People feel the same about your cats as you would about a dog that came into your garden and killed one of your cats. That is surely fair and consistent?

Red

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i woke up to 4 cows in the garden one morning,...

a cat you can shoo,

have you ever tried pushing a cow?

me, 6am, in my undies, pushing a cow .

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE