If you have cord on a plastic reel like this ....

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
CIMG6250.JPG

then you might want to gently pull on the 'discs' to see if they come off, and if they do then you might want to glue them in place.

If you don't do this then you might find that one of the discs comes off and a whole load of cord spools off the reel and gets very tangled up. And then you might find yourself having to spend a load of time untangling it and winding the cord back on the (glued) spool.

Don't ask me how I know this ............

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Go on Chris, do tell ;)

Well ...it was like this ....

I was in the garden trying out different tarp set ups, and I needed a new guy line so I picked up the reel off the *!£%^&* floor, the

^&*%%$££! end dropped off and the *&^%^$£" cord came off the *&(*&^%$£"! end and became *&$%^&$£"*well unravelled.

So I had to spend the best part of a ^&%$£(**! hour sorting it all out

Hope that's clear!

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Hahahahahaa brilliant.

Luckily mine was supplied on a cardboard reel, once I've removed some for use I hank it, otherwise the unused cord stays on the reel.

Liam

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I had a brand new spool of pull start cord run off the end of a reel, then i made it worse by picking it up by the other end plate, which also came off resulting in a huge mess of cord on the floor:(, took me about two hours to unravel it all

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I had a brand new spool of pull start cord run off the end of a reel, then i made it worse by picking it up by the other end plate, which also came off resulting in a huge mess of cord on the floor:(, took me about two hours to unravel it all

(and others)

At least it wasn't just me (it usually is!)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
(and others)

At least it wasn't just me (it usually is!)

LOL... I've been there and done it as well Chris.

Only in my case a young puppy helped to make a nearly new reel really tangled :nono: I ended up having to cut it in to sections to remove the chewed bits :rolleyes:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
:D
I got 200m of cord from our local surplus store at cost as the reels had done this in transit.
It took only a little time to wind the cord onto new spools and I had a bargain!

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire

I was in the garden trying out different tarp set ups, and I needed a new guy line so I picked up the reel off the *!£%^&* floor, the

^&*%%$££! end dropped off and the *&^%^$£" cord came off the *&(*&^%$£"! end and became *&$%^&$£"*well unravelled.

Hope that's clear!

Still annoyed then :nana:

been there done that and still not glued it inplace....

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

Hope that's clear!

:lmao: Don't hold back Chris, tell us how you reel-y feel :)o) :lmao:

I did a similar thing with a toilet roll. I'd have been happy for it to have fallen on the floor
fighting0044.gif
. And I'd have definitley been happier if it hadn't been the last one in the house
fighting0085.gif

Still annoyed then

I reckon you're right, definitely more than mildly miffed :eek: .

2 miles of Amsteel.

:yikes:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Oh bugger, I read the first post I checked my latest purchase of 100 mt OK I thought go to use it today and the bl***y end falls off along with plenty of the cord in a mess. Worse still it was not what I thought I was paying for, it had a single inner fibre, probably going to stretch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE