If you go down to the woods today your sure of a big suprise!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
Not one who like to moan usually but went out with the missus last nite to walk the dog in the woods and the bank holiday tourists had been out in force and boy did they leave some crap, i ended up walkin out the woods with
A broken tourch complete with batteries which were scatterd everywhere
A flask with insides smashed
A rather large hooped earring which some kind person placed on a bird house sticking up just like a trap!
various flavors of crisps
and then i ran out of hands and had to leave the rest but the funny thing is i was up the woods the night before and it was clean as a whistle!
Rant over
Jamie

Oh forgot!!! every straight stick in eyes view snapped off for walking sticks! going back tonight with a folding saw to tidy them up a bit!!

Feb 2, 2007
South London
It was a very warm day on Friday and I had to explain to my kids what the couple were doing on the blanket behind the tree. My dog was much more curious and had to go and poke his nose in, literaly.

Gordon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I found a barbeque in my new local woods. I'm still investigating them, but this was a shock find. Food wrappers, tins and a stand barbecue that would probably make a good forge as it has a base and up pipe with an ash trap and everything.

If anyone wants to know where it is, give me a shout, otherwise I'm gonna try and get up there and get it shifted!

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
GordonEndersby said:
It was a very warm day on Friday and I had to explain to my kids what the couple were doing on the blanket behind the tree. My dog was much more curious and had to go and poke his nose in, literaly.

Gordon

Brings a whole new meaning to dogging :lmao:

Mind you last year I was in cantral london doing a photoshoot for a friend. Wasn't till I got the film back then I noticed what was in 1/2 the shots.

Its true the camera sees more than the eye.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
GordonEndersby said:

Gordon

Good dog! :D

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
GordonEndersby said:

Gordon
Take him truffle hunting.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
GordonEndersby said:

Gordon
At my local nature reserve, a local visitor went into one of the bird hides to find a couple at it on the floor, apparently he was not put off and went and sat down in there and started bird watching, while the couple got dressed as quick as poss...

taylor27

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2007
northern ireland
i remember watching a squirrel runnig up an down atree and the ground winding up a fox by teasing it but the fox had no chance of getting to it it was more amusihg thn surprising but memorable

garbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2006
uk
I hate those cold wet nose's when I'm enjoying a day in the country, :eek:
dont you?

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
My favourite place to walk the now temporarily broken dog is a piece of common moor land bordered by a wood. It is close to the road and idiots have started to have barbeques up there and they all seem incapable of removing the beer cans, fag boxes, food wrappers and disposable barbeques :aargh4: . I went up last year and removed three bin bags full of rubbish. I reported the matter to the Commoners Association who did precisely nothing. Now the place is an absolute tip where it is not safe to walk the dog off the lead. :banghead:

:Thinkingo

The couple who were surprised by the dog made me chuckle. :lmao:

Stewey. :D

Dr Onion

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
By Yon Bonnie Banks
Seems to be the attitude of most peeps these days when out and about. No convenient bin and nobody around means discard and walk way briskly!

We should be allowed to hand out beatings when we see this type of behaviour!

:lmao: :D ;)

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
Backyard Bushcraft said:
Not one who like to moan usually but !

erm if you are english sorry to inform you you are lol

i knowwhat you mean it drives me barmy too seems such a basic one.
i have found rubish in some otherwise prestine sites on the up side i have while walking in such places stooping down to pick up yet more rubbish thinking ive now become the worlds man servent , i have found some nice bits of kit which have become like little trophys over the years.
i have several mates who find themselves as unoficial litter pickers too who have all found nice bitsof gear too.
i know its annoying but keep the picking when everyou can remember that yu dont have to take the lot just some is a start and i hope all who do it also get a reward of a nice bit of kit from time to time

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK
Not quite the same, but my girlfriend lives in Poole. It's lovely down there on the beach, but I couldn't believe it when, come 5pm, having enjoyed the seaside for their day, whole families would gather their spawn and knuckle-drag their way to their cars leaving icecream wrappers, containers, fag butts, and drink cans all in a nice outline of the blanket they'd just rolled up.

Do you think we could build a beach out of rubbish for these people, and let them do what they like with it, and leave what they like on it, without spoiling the rest of the coastline for the rest of us?

garbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2006
uk
Garnett said:
Not quite the same, but my girlfriend lives in Poole. It's lovely down there on the beach, but I couldn't believe it when, come 5pm, having enjoyed the seaside for their day, whole families would gather their spawn and knuckle-drag their way to their cars leaving icecream wrappers, containers, fag butts, and drink cans all in a nice outline of the blanket they'd just rolled up.

Its the same here in the Peak district some hero's can manage to carry beer cans picnic's and barbies to the hill tops but cant manage to carry the empties home

I think snipers are the answer shoot the litter louts job done :buttkick:

Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
snipers all the way!!!!! i think im just as stupid though for always picking it up! i even have a litter pick in my boot which i usually end up using in the carpark before and after i go! who knows maybe ill find a big roll of £10 notes one day

Gmac

Feb 14, 2006
Dunfermline
When I do overnight pike trips on lochs in Scotland I arm myself with a litter grabber as I have been getting a back ache with picking up so much rubbish in the surrounding area.The baillif not just sells tickets but also wood to burn,as the trees are getting cut down for fire wood.Most of the culprits are neds (chavs) and uneducated drunks armed with fishing rods.

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
Last year in my local woods I found what presumably was the left overs from some sort of late night party. There was a burnt out desposable BBQ. Several plastic cartons which previously contained ribs, chicken etc. , loads of plastic sandwich boxes, plastic drinks bottles and 4 or 5 empty prescription pill bottles. Luckily I had some bin liners in the car. When I told the Missus she said I was pratt for clearing up without gardening gloves in case there were syringes aswell.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE