If there is one piece of kit that’s gone, you could bring back what is it ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
Berghaus Extrem insulated and very water resistant coat. Can't find reference to it in any of their back catalogues, with all the coats called the same thing looking completely different. Packs down small, synthetic insulation, extremely comfortable.

Billy-o

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Sold my ventile SASS and bought a Snowsled then later found a gaberdine SAS smock cheap, so I am fine with that. But ...

One thing I miss is Gene Ingram's knives ... just knowing he was still making was a comfort. But he's stopped now. Banged himself up in the workshop, then retired.

The other thing I miss is those plain green Aussie tarps. Why did I let mine go? ... I will never understand it ... unless I was flat broke and just can't recall.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Outwell stainless steel kettle, a solid bit of kit.

Swedish snow smocks, especially the button fronted jacket version

Bulldog cookset (not the miltec clone)

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I think there's also the kit that was a sensible price but has now gone silly that I wish I'd bought or not sold on...RM Wilkinson Sword (paid £95 new) , Swedish army cookset (especially the stainless version), CWC G10 watches (they're not even that good!! controversial, I know) ....the list could go on but it'd depress me

Sent from my moto g54 5G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Toddy and John59

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE