If it was not for the snow on the hills.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Heavy frost and ice overnight, but the day dawned glorious and bright and was utterly wonderful. I know what you mean about it feeling springlike though. I saw bramble in flower, and there were loads of spindle berries that still haven't opened. Last week I saw clematis coming into leaf!

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Heavy frost and ice overnight, but the day dawned glorious and bright and was utterly wonderful. I know what you mean about it feeling springlike though. I saw bramble in flower, and there were loads of spindle berries that still haven't opened. Last week I saw clematis coming into leaf!

Winter has been wet but mild so far. Personally I like a bit of the cold stuff. My old Granny used to wash all the sheets and towels when the radio told her there'd be a hard frost. She'd hang them out wet to freeze hard overnight. She reckoned it would kill all the bugs. Don't know if it was true but she lived to 94!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I hated bringing in washing like boards though :)

It's been incredibly mild here too, just the wind that was bitter cold. It feels like it has rained for weeks though.

M

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Winter has been wet but mild so far. Personally I like a bit of the cold stuff. My old Granny used to wash all the sheets and towels when the radio told her there'd be a hard frost. She'd hang them out wet to freeze hard overnight. She reckoned it would kill all the bugs. Don't know if it was true but she lived to 94!

Its good for pest control in general, lets face it. you can bet the farmers want a bit more, be it ants rats mice insects they all do well during a mild winter.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Mopped all of the floors today and left the windows open to dry. Spring like.
On the plus side I think of all the flora and forna that are enjoying the mild summer and now winter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE