Iditirod

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The Last Great Race on this planet Earth begins in a week.
It is in commemoration of an actual & real event.
The ultimate challenge to people and dogs.
Go big or go home.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks for the reminder, always like to follow this one.

Would be great to do it one year. The Finnmarkslopet also worth watching-a qualifying event for the Iditarod.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cheers, would be great to go, even if it was just to watch. Always fancied giving it or a biathalon a try.

Too old now I suppose but will be good to watch. Nearest I've been is some of the meets up at the Cairngorm Dog Sled Centre up at Rothiemurchus. Some beautiful dogs and a great atmosphere.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Sled dog racing is pretty exciting to watch. First time, I was absolutely shocked at the break-neck speed.
Like a carefully controlled accident that never happened. I think in Valemount, east of me, you can tour in the local mountains on sleds with dogs.

The Canada Winter Games are wrapping up this weekend in the city of Prince George, about 3hrs west of my place.
Apparently, the Otway biathlon course (30 shooting positions) is easily the equal of the national biathlon center in Canmore, Alberta.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Ive been lucky enough to try a little mushing,its a great feeling.The race this year will start from Fairbanks not Anchorage I think due to snow conditions.
Best wishes to all who race and the volunteers that make it possible,go Brent sass for the double ive got money on you.

Soloman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE