Identification please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Nice flower :) - it's a native too.

Sorry to be pedantic, but isn't Star of Bethlehem Ornithogalum umbellatum ssp. campestre? Nutans is the drooping species I think which is a garden escape.

Code 4

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2020
Shrewsbury
Nice flower :) - it's a native too.

Sorry to be pedantic, but isn't Star of Bethlehem Ornithogalum umbellatum ssp. campestre? Nutans is the drooping species I think which is a garden escape.
Yes I think your right. I just copied and pasted so I get the spelling right! :wink:

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
In western Canada, there are many abandoned winter village sites used by First Nations for long times
Wanuskewin was occupied for more than 6,000 years.
The kitchen gardens still exist! Alliums are distinctly present in every one of them.
Slightly OT: Has anyone researched what else can still be found at old sites?

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Tubers or possibly corms in the root system. Any written references to paleo values?
It is possible to lift microscopic plant fragments, "phytoliths," from some grind stones.
Enough for a species ID. Proteins and fats, even from potsherds.
The first clear clue here is to find otherwise wild native species growing in straight rows.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE