identification help... a wee burdie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
So, I was off on a wee bimble down to the river to collect greens for the soup. I stopped on the canal path to let a family of cyclists past when i was disturbed by a distress call in the hedgerow. It turned out to be this wee fellow. Does anyone know what it is?

For the record I used my phone camera which doesn't have a macro setting (hence the blurriness) and I put the wee chap back in the hedgerow when I finished to let nature take care of it...

weeburdie.jpg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Looks like a tit to me too. Well done on putting it back, mum n dad are nearly always around somewhere. Tis always best to leave young birds alone unless they are in immediate danger..

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Looks like it just fledged. I hope its ok anyway. they are too cute for the harshness of nature!

May 13, 2007
NORTHANTS
Looks like a Coal Tit fledgling to me, you did the correct thing leaving it be, the parents would have been close by,conifer plantations seem to be their preferred habitat.

bear knights

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Cornwall
schweeet!
would go with coal tit too. Blue tits tend to have the yellow under the eye moving down to the chin and front as continuous yellow, whereas coal have more of a darker chin. no expert though.
looks like it thanked you for the act of kindness with a little present.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE