ideas for small woodcarving projects

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

smojo

Forager
Jan 19, 2014
West Yorkshire
Hi

I've just started doing a bit of hand woodcarving with knives and made a few small spoons. Just wondered what else I could make that's simple and that is useful rather than just decorative. Any ideas guys?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Buttons and toggles look and work really well on your kit, and give a new lease of life to old stuff; they also make for great practice on doing small detailed work...............

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Bullroarer, i made this one earlier this afternoon out of Boxwood

aaDSCN8404.jpg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Egg cup. Like making a bowl or kuksa, only much smaller. If you prefer you can call it a shot glass. Easy enough with a bit of green wood.

Pendant necklaces. Any shape bit of wood, sanded smooth or tooled finish, bore a hole in one end, and thread with cord. Similarly you can make keyring fobs with small offcuts, so long as you remember to put the hole close enough to the edge to be able to get a split ring on it.

Get a bit of elder, push the pith out of the middle, and carve a whistle. Lots of tutorials available, and really quite easy. Kids love them. Alternatively use the hollow tube and cut it into sections to make small tubes or containers.

A long fork. Basically just a handle with a simple two pointy prongs on the end, like a meat carving fork. Useful camp tool.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE