Ideas for one hand opening opinel jardin anyone?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Can anyone show me the different options for converting a opinel folder into one hand opening?

I carry a No. 8 Jardin a lot and the only thing wrong with it to me is the lack of one hand opening. Carrying a one hand Trekker has rather spoiled me.

I'm particularly interested in commercial bits to add to the spine, I can easily alter the wooden handle but I have limited means to alter the metalwork, just drilling, filing and soldering. Ideally I'd like to do something that doesn't involve taking the knife apart.

ATB

Tom

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Other than the thumb stud, you could cut away at the handle and make it an 'easy opener' and drill the blade for a thumb hole. making the blade a spear point is always a good call too, much stronger and diverse.

Careful though, those 'sorts' at spyderco might try and sue you! lol

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers, I like the idea of a thumb stud. Is there any one in the uk who can supply the sort that only sticks out on one side? I've found them in the US but my poor googlefu has failed to find any in the UK.

atb

tom

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
The Heinnie one is actually heavily sided. Just turn the allen key tightener around based on what side you prefer to protrude.

Simples, as the kids say.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE