ideas for a present.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
F

FTAG

its my friends birthday tomorrow and i have no idea what to get...
anyone got any ideas of something that is coool (eg hip, wicked,) and not too pricy, it doesn't have to be solely bushcraft related, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Youve left it a bit late, havent you?

And you havent told us what he likes....

Why not bake him a rich, home made cake?

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Apart from the fact that I evidently like plants I don't really like cut flowers and would be
a bit woeful to receive them, although I'd be very polite of course. I'm a little like Dogmatix
(from Asterix cartoons) howling at trees being damaged when it comes to cut flowers.

Why not give a plant (which will continue grow) and leave the flowers (which won't, much)
in peace.

Mine's a subscription to a magazine and a nice meal. Hold the flowers :)

If you've got a printer why not go over to Oxfam or one of those goat-purchasing sites
and buy him a sponsorship pack for some useful cause - the actual card 'gift' takes a
couple of days to turn up but you can at least print something out and give it to him in
a card (come to think of it you could rustle one of those up too). I bought my dad a
festive goat and he was quite chuffed with a picture of it and the idea that someone
else was having to feed it and mop up after it.

Similarly buying a tree on behalf of someone for planting somewhere or other - they do
a similar thing. Or google "gift emergency help" and see if some enterprising company
has come up with some other suggestions.

Jo, whose favourite flower is self-raising (b'doom-tish)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Something useful... a SAK? or a EDCable bottle opener if likes beer.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats a good idea to be sure, but I got the impression that you were looking for something a little more original?

Cider perhaps? Thats fashionable these days

lottie.lou

Forager
Oct 9, 2007
Preston
Apart from the fact that I evidently like plants I don't really like cut flowers and would be
a bit woeful to receive them, although I'd be very polite of course.

Yes I'm not keen on cut flowers, it seems a very pointless and wasteful exercise to me.
Is joejoe assuming women are fatties who don't like to read? Or am I just in a delicate mood today? :D I think if it were me I'd like a magazine subscription too, or a nice day out... now I'll just leave this post up on the screen for my boyfriend to see ;)

F

FTAG

theres some good ideas there thanks, that solar power thing is THE exact thing i got for christmas, i havn't used it yet but seems really good.

on the alcohol side i was thinking of maybe getting him some absinthe, don't know where i'd get that though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE