idea for on the go charging

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
This will be my final say on the matter...

The "very little resistance" you suggest in your last paragraph is wrong...there is great resistance, that resistance is the 1/2 ton vehicle naturally wanting to be back down the hill...the motor is working extremely hard in driving it up the hill... and I'll add, in doing so, that motor is fighting against gravity, friction (of tyres on road), wind resistance, and a whole host of other forces..

What you're saying is to add another band of resistance, it doesn't matter how medium, small, minuscule or negligible it is, what matters is that by agreeing it is a resistance, you're confirming that the motor would be more "efficient" without it... which is back to my bicycle dynamo point... whilst a light on a bike is not vast resistance, it is *some* resistance and whereby you might be normally able to cycle 10 miles, even with minuscule resistance, you won't reach that target.

slimshady

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2014
Oxfordshire
as an example. you use the ebike to get up a hill. You then freewheel down the hill, if you can capture the energy 100% the battery will be back to full charge. Only you cannot due to inefficiencies during the transfer of energy out and back in.
The only better way would be wait for supremely lightweight batteries, extra thin thin-film solar cells that coat the Frame and wheels to re-supply the battery. Well during the day it'll work.

Alex.

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
This will be my final say on the matter...

The "very little resistance" you suggest in your last paragraph is wrong...there is great resistance, that resistance is the 1/2 ton vehicle naturally wanting to be back down the hill...the motor is working extremely hard in driving it up the hill... and I'll add, in doing so, that motor is fighting against gravity, friction (of tyres on road), wind resistance, and a whole host of other forces..

What you're saying is to add another band of resistance, it doesn't matter how medium, small, minuscule or negligible it is, what matters is that by agreeing it is a resistance, you're confirming that the motor would be more "efficient" without it... which is back to my bicycle dynamo point... whilst a light on a bike is not vast resistance, it is *some* resistance and whereby you might be normally able to cycle 10 miles, even with minuscule resistance, you won't reach that target.
my last paragraph being

haulage companies use e-trucks whereby transport use e-busses and some have gone to hydrogen but that could be for discussion for another thread
thereby there was no mention of
The "very little resistance" you suggest in your last paragraph is wrong...
i did however miss out a bit now added to the paragraph before the last paragraph for avoidance of confusion

thus a sincere thank you for getting me to check the last paragraph as you mentioned and then i spotted the missing information in the paragraph above the last paragraph

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
If you want to be pedantic that's fine, but you've acknowledged there is resistance, which is precisely why I and others have already explained that its not possible.

But hey keep trying, you might just prove everyone wrong, a perpetual motion machine is what the world needs.

knowledge=gain

Jun 25, 2022
england
If you want to be pedantic that's fine, but you've acknowledged there is resistance, which is precisely why I and others have already explained that its not possible.
no more resistance than we have now in liquid fuel vehicles by the tension of the fan aka drive belts

how do motorcycles charge their batteries...??
But hey keep trying, you might just prove everyone wrong, a perpetual motion machine is what the world needs.
that is like saying an alternator cannot be a motor

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Excuse my curt response above. Either you've got an idea that I'm not understanding, or you're not understanding my responses how I intend them to be understood. I think this has lead to frustration on my part - possibly heightened by my current impatience off the back of covid, which nonetheless is no excuse to be rude.

Honestly, whatever the answer is to who is confused by who is irrelevant. I wish you the best in figuring out the answer to your idea/problem and if successful then congratulations, if unsuccessful then nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Reactions: wookii

knowledge=gain

Jun 25, 2022
england
Excuse my curt response above. Either you've got an idea that I'm not understanding, or you're not understanding my responses how I intend them to be understood. I think this has lead to frustration on my part - possibly heightened by my current impatience off the back of covid, which nonetheless is no excuse to be rude.
in all fairness i have not found you to be rude, it is just an open dialogue with a difference of opinion which i respect

sorry to hear you have been are unwell i sincerely wish you a speedy recovery and back to full health
Honestly, whatever the answer is to who is confused by who is irrelevant. I wish you the best in figuring out the answer to your idea/problem and if successful then congratulations, if unsuccessful then nothing ventured, nothing gained.
who really knows the true answer, i throw ideas around and see what works and what does not work

i wish i was in a position with the practical side to experiment with

nothing ventured, nothing gained.
very true indeed

reminds me of something similar

he who dares wins

i feel so sure it can be done in ways that are far safer than reliant on having to brake to charge the batteries

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Do as you will. The Laws of Thermodynamics will prevail.
The sum of the system and the surroundings is always negative.
That means any improvement (?) will be accompanied by a much more and massive disintegration of the surroundings.
Nothing you can do to forestall your entropic doom.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I haven't made up my mind whether it's someone being deliberately obtuse, or perhaps some kind of 'needs'. When I can make up my mind it will determine the best way of responding.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE