Ice survival

helly hanson

Jan 31, 2007
kinder scout
Watched some of the survival vids .vgood value esp the cold stuff Ive done done quite a lot of ice/ rock climbing,gave it up (I wanted to carry on living). interesting Just how long it is possible to stay in freezing h2o!!!!!!:lmao: bfn

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Agree with that! Interesting I thought, and never thought that you should try to get out of the water the side you fell in. Guess that knowledge could save your life.
Love snow and mountainsetc so this was very relevant to me.
Dave

perpetualelevator

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Crazy Manitobans. And they wonder why people think Canadians live in igloos. This guy is actually a professor at the University of Manitoba, affectionately called Dr. Popsicle. Obviously very valuable research, but it made me cold just watching the video. I fell through ice as a kid, but thankfully only waist-deep. Nice to see that someone enjoys it, though.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Dan, where are you in Toronto mate?
Just had a great week in Toronto visiting a mate who lives in Oshawa.
Glad you liked the vid anyway Dave

perpetualelevator

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I live at Yonge street and Eglinton avenue. Or Young-Egg in the vernacular. It's sort of midtown, a couple of major streets south of the 401. Trendy and urban without actually being downtown, but I can get downtown in a short subway ride. Lots of restaurants and bars in walking distance, and don't really have to worry about crime.

Did you make it down to MEC on your trip? And try Creemore?
You picked a pretty nice week to come. We had a couple of really warm days. Not for much longer, though, by the looks of it. Our winters in Toronto aren't usually too bad, but everyone always forgets how to drive after the first snowfall ;). I grew up in Northern Ontario, though, where people don't really acknowledge snowfall until it starts piling up over the hood of the car :).

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
He he, my mate says that about drivers out there...think peeps would get used to driving in bad weather. Na Mec eluded me we were only in Toronto to do the CN and Hippo tour!!!
God tourists I hate them! Checked out Bass Pro though...Jeez thats a shop that I would move to Canada to work in!!! Excellent. Hope to get out for more time next time maybe get over to Vancouver in the same trip. I really would like to emigrate but got to persuade the missus...she doesn't like the idea of riving on those big a** roads of yours!
Great city though dude.
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE