IBC Shower tote

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Suspect it has a coil inside and top port is the in, and bottom out.

Edit: could not remember the word for it, it's a thermosiphon

NZ variants.

And big storm kettle/thermettes types

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeDee

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
A full output shover head needs almost 20kW of power for a hot one, 10kW is enough for some of these water saving ones. This for direct online heating

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Honestly I was expecting @Pattree to be the one to mention a giant Kelly Kettle :D
I’ve not involved my self in this discussion because it isn’t a place for theory and I have no knowledge or experience. The solution is very probably commercially available.

Wood fired systems are very efficient where very low volumes of fuel and water are in close proximity. Even a device with an efficient heat exchanger is going to use and awful lot of wood if it is to supply a shower.
Far more important than its efficiency, a shower connected to a boiler must have a fail-safe thermostatic control.

I haven’t read the whole of this thread so this point might have been made already:
A Solar pe-heater would seem appropriate. My simple black plastic shower bags can get too hot on a bright summer day. Solar panel water heaters that I’ve seen demonstrated look wonderfully effective.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE