IBC Shower tote

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I may be building one of these - Have the IBCs already and need to make it ready for early next year.

My main question is as its a bit of a mash up is how best / easiest and that worse of words 'safest' way to get hot water provided and delivered in a controlled manner as to avoid the "freezing cold-turn the knob 3mm-instant scalding stream of lava" type feeling we all enjoy and love.

Now I know there are plenty of clever gadgets available - so what would be the quickest and easiest fix?

I'd imagine i will have access to electricity but possible that I don't .

Any heaters that work straight from a Gas bottle ?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I may be building one of these - Have the IBCs already and need to make it ready for early next year.

My main question is as its a bit of a mash up is how best / easiest and that worse of words 'safest' way to get hot water provided and delivered in a controlled manner as to avoid the "freezing cold-turn the knob 3mm-instant scalding stream of lava" type feeling we all enjoy and love.

Now I know there are plenty of clever gadgets available - so what would be the quickest and easiest fix?

I'd imagine i will have access to electricity but possible that I don't .

Any heaters that work straight from a Gas bottle ?

I looked at stuff like this for down in the Shepherds Hut - but decided against it :)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Think a load of new MSR US Military PackShowers hit the surplus market recently. No idea how useful they'd be here but might be nice on that single summer day we have.

Eg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Think a load of new MSR US Military PackShowers hit the surplus market recently. No idea how useful they'd be here but might be nice on that single summer day we have.

Eg

These are Solar Showers? If so , thanks - had thought of that but I do need this to be a decent shower capable of showering early hours and late. Not peak midday sun unfortunately.

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
These solar packs are somewhat useless in these higher latitudes and anyway non stationary. I have been looking for the bag to be able to take boiling water so I can then mix it with colder for comfortable temp, I know I can do it putting hot into cold and that is a bit easier for the material but it still has to take 100C for a short while. About 5l is enough for trekking purposes, I guess 10l for stationary.

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Thx, good find, I only searched for shower systems so this did not come up. Now I just have to find a fitting hose and shower head.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE