I wanted to share some plant/tree ID resources I built up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Drewboy64

Feb 21, 2014
United States
So these aren't the best things, but I hope it will help someone. It is specific to the midwest in the US, but I've noticed that some trees and plants can be found both here and in the UK, so hopefully some may still find this useful. At the very least, maybe it'll be interesting.

I've got this picture album online of plants in my area that I've identified. I try to put in the descriptions of the pictures any medicinal or food use they might have.

This probably isn't perfect or very complete, but it's helped me learn a lot and I hope it helps someone else out there too.

I should note that it isn't really organized in any scientific way - but I did try to put similar-looking plants close together, as I think that's more useful when trying to ID things.

Here's the album of plants.

Also, I made a few videos about identifying Ohio trees in the winter. I think it can be pretty useful to know what tree is what without having to check the leaves or anything like that.

Here they are: [video=youtube;GMDXoykOvAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMDXoykOvAM[/video] and Part 2 is here

May 29, 2014
Sheffield
Wow. Absolutely stunning album. Plenty of work gone in there.

I've been thinking about doing something similar for UK, but stopped at gathering pictures stage. :) Lack of time is my excuse...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE