I want a kukri...

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I want a kukri, i had a couple, one you can see in my back threads, which realy i did'nt want to use(read abuse !) for sentimental reason, i also had a army issue one, that i realy liked the size of, but was to small for my hands, they have both now gone on long term loan to a collector over on BB.

So, i was looking around & to import one i think will be about the same price as buying the condor or kabar one from Heinne's. Does anyone have the kabar or condor one ?, certainly the reviews for them are excelent.

Rob

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks, i've figured out posting(not that difficult !)but i was wondering what the tax will be. looks like it will be around £50 inc potage, but just wondering if i'll get stung by customs.
Looking for a UK based retailer, which was why i mentioned the original 2 from Heinne's.

Rob

Andy W

Forager
Nov 22, 2010
Perthshire Scotland
Try Tora Blades, stock levels vary as he gets batches in from Nepal, but really good quality and very much a working tool. I have a couple and really like them. I think the guy is Simon and he has some imput in design - so the problems with small handles are avoided.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I've got one. Nepal 2007 stamped on the blade. Some scratches from sharpening etc. I've had it for a few years, picked it up as a trade and have only really ever looked at it.

Main blade and skinner are shaving sharp. Striker blade works well with a ferro rod. There is a piece of gaffer tape round the sheath (Wasn't me)

Make me an offer.

Last edited:

Smudge

Forager
Jan 20, 2004
West Midlands
My wife bought me Bahadur from Khukuri House for Xmas the other year, wasn't charged any additional tax just the price of the knife and postage as listed on their site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE