I Think I have a problem

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
In jaws he states "I think were gonna need a bigger boat" in my case I think I need a bigger pack lol. This is about 90% of my kit I started bushcraft about 6-8months ago
3u7etu8y.jpg
abe9y2e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wait until it's two sheds, half the loft and most of an enormous cupboard :eek:....and the stash in the greenhouse and the metalwork stuff in the lockup :rolleyes:

Good kit for seven months though.....where's the foraged stuff ?

cheers,
Toddy

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I can't remember the time when I had that little kit!

It now pervades every room, shed (3 of them), vehicle & garage I own - as well as kit stored in the garden and a paddock.

I appreciate that you've only been collecting kit for a few months, but I really think that you should "up" the pace and try to catch up ;)

ATB

Ogri the trog

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Lol what do you think so far??

I would rate your collection as "A fair start" but no more :)
My collection has taken over all 3 bedrooms, the living room, the garage, my van, most of the pantry and I have caches in three different woodlands!

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Do you remember when the idea was to have one good knife a pot and a means to start a fire? That is Bushcraft. The rest is camping. I am as guilty as everyone else though and now have more kit than I am ever likely to need but if it is shiny and well reviewed I end up buying it and filing up yet another space with it! This month I have bought a brass pressure stove from the 50's and a Finnish Gas bag (after seeing one on this site). I need neither.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I can only take one bag out with me at a time - preferably weighing less than 20kg - not a big fan of carrying heavy stuff now. Yet I still have waaay more than that - I do have kids so all the extra stuff / duplication [triplication... sometimes even more :)] isn't wasted camping stuff but a valuable future resource.....

I have a hankering for a SADF 83 rucksack which I have resisted for a while now, but on the other hand it will be another bag I can keep stuff in tidily and out of the way.....

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
I think your real problem is that you have all your kit in one place, i like to keep mine all over the house in various draws so that when i need something it takes me an hour to find it.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
An Hour... Ah. It took me three months to come across that billy can I put at the back on a shelf in the shed :)

Even more amazingly I had actually washed it before putting it away.....

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Well thanks for the great responses I promise to try harder. I do have a huge amount of clothes tools gun equipment etc in other rooms and in the garage. So it's defiantly growing. I brought a new bag today just to fit it in. I totally agree you can only take what you can fit in your pack. Yes all you need is a knife pot and shelter. But it's also nice to have creature comforts. What do you think about the new pack.??
ahejana5.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE