I Think I have a problem

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I reckon Tank has it about right. Don't get me wrong, I love gizmos and shiny things as much as the next bloke and am guilty of kit hoarding purely on the basis that it's a 'nice thing' or a lovely bit of shiny techie gear. But bushcraft skills are about what you can get away with NOT carrying.

Everything else is just living outdoors/ in the woods as comfortably as the kit you're happy to carry will allow. Nothing wrong with that either in my opinion, it's just the more kit you carry the further from 'bushcrafting' you get and the closer you are to what I would call 'rough camping'. Keep going up the scale, through 'normal camping' and eventually you end with a trailer full of camping gear including an 8man mansion of a tent that has a carpet, a seperate porch, and a fridge......

Nah. You end up with something like this

From the inside

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
What do you think about the new pack.??
ahejana5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pack! try not to get a kit complex. It's not how big your pack is, it's what you do with it that counts! :thumbup:

See too many "all the gear, no idea" folk around, especially now it's warming up a bit!

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
It's not really a kit complex just a set up that I have used tested and it serves me very well I can carry it comfortably.
I totally agree all the gear no idea. The most useful bit of kit is knowledge and that is best learnt of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE