I need something to read

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I've just been given a nexus 7, and never read a book via electronics before, but some of these recommendations sound great. Gonna order some for the tablet, once I figure out how to turn it on.

Last edited:

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I doubt very much if this is available in any e-format but it's a cracking little book:

Wpe6pZsl.jpg

Last edited:

jontok

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2009
Norway
Bridge of birds by Barry Hughart or the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

Or... Go to Kindle books on Amazon, go to categories: Sciens Fiction, fantasy and mysteries and sort them "cost low-high", and start downloading :D

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Have you read Philip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' Trilogy? Its definitely in my top 10. Some quite bushcrafty stuff in it as well, especially the first book.

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
The first couple of books in Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen were cracking reads, in my opinion. And I wouldn't discourage anyone from reading the rest of the series, either.

Cheers,
Leif

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm working my way through David Gemmell's Drenai series right now. It's a sword and sorcery books with not too much sorcery and lots of swords and axes. Easy reading and very well written dripping with pathos too.

I can send you the nine books I have in this series of books via email in .mobi format to put onto your Kindle if you'd like Sam. Let me now via PM if you'd like 'em.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Old books do? Anything by Louis Lamour, Ellery Queen, Alfred Hitchcock, or Allistair McClaine.

Newer? Anything by John Grisham.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
'Centennial', or pretty much anything else by James A. Michener. 'Tales of the South Pacific', is good too.

When I lived on Cyprus there was a little bar in Paphos run by an elderly English woman and they had a 'free' library there, you could take a book home with you on the honour system you'd bring it back (only for residents use) plus drop off books you had spare and I took home 'Texas' by Michener. A big thick book which I enjoyed so much I got my own copy upon my return to the UK together with some of his other works.

Centennial was a good read and a pretty good TV series IIRC.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE