I need a solid waterproof case

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was lucky enough today to be given a set of Canon 18x50 IS binos by my dad, what an amazing piece of kit and I can't wait to get them tested properly.

I'd like to take them on future canoe trips so I need a solid box to protect them from knocks but it also has to be waterproof just in case.

The dimensions are ...
15.2 cm x 8.1 cm x 19.3 cm

Anyone know of a case that will be fairly snug for them, Peli maybe ?

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
That's a very nice present Rich :) I'm not sure of the size, but have a look at Otter Box. I have a couple and they are very well made bits of kit. Can't remember where I got mine, ask Google . . . Cheers, Steve

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
i have a couple of pelicases i use to take photogrpahic equipment downs caves and mines, i have not managed to destroy one yet also took one to finland where it survived the cold and got wet and froze and still worked fine and didnt break. biuggest test though was putting it in the hold of an airplane at heathrow - if it can survive baggage handlers it can survive anything

you can make the foam to the shape of your bins to to hold them snuggly (there is a compartmentalised insert but i think its only available on the larger cases

here is a size guide so you can pick the right one

http://www.waterproof-cases.co.uk/size_guide-i-5.html

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I think the Otterbox range provides more small boxes than Pelicase do.

I would suggest that if you are going to cart a large solid case around then you should think about what else you want to fit it there along with the binoculars, possibly camera, lens's, mobile phones, chargers? etc. In which case I would suggest a slightly larger pelicase, or even better one of the Lowe-Pro Omni Traveler cases, these are Pelicases fitted with an internal padded case which keeps all your gear organised. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE