I made a dump pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
With an off cut of 3mm thick leather and some canvas I had lying around I decided to make a dump pouch. Ever since I saw one years ago I it went on my future projects list.

I've seen leather and waxed canvas ones before and much preferred the look over the modern Maxperdition versions, plus no velcro.

Really easy to make too.

Stitched inside out, I didn't bother making it with a draw string, though if I want to in future I could of fit eyelets, but really if I was going to I'd of made it in the to hem.

I cut out a template (out the top of a pizza box) thinking about the size of a Nalgene bottle, so I eyeballed it and was nicely surprised how close to perfect it was.

The leather, oil dyed walnut and the stitching holes and press stud holes ready.

All stitched, I wasn't sure if it would of needed stitching under the belt loop as well, but with 0.8mm waxed cotton and a little but of glue along the stitching line between the leather and canvas it feels more than strong enough.

All done, particularly as it was just made by the seat of my pants I'm very happy with it.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks all. I can see it being a very useful bit of kit, even if its just a bottle holder half the time as I do like a good bit of water on me as I do like to drink a lot.

I never get rid of off cuts that are a decent size as they can be used for all sorts of stuff.

Next up will be finish off a knife handle as I got half way done and my last belt snapped on me so needed to get more belts. A bit annoying as it looks like it has to be online as nowhere near me sells 1x30 belts. My local Screwfix used to, but don't any more. Micarta is a good belt eater.

Actually I might make another one with the off cuts I'll get from making the sheath for said knife. Useful bit of kit to keep in my backpack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE