I love the Autumn!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
There's special about the season we're on the cusp of entering. The air is clearer and fresher, there's a feeling of rushing, as if the earth is frantically get everything done before winter sets in.

It's my favourite time for camping and woodland walking, and there's nothing quite like sitting around a fire on an autumnal evening, when you really appreciate the warmth of the glow and the company...

Forget the other seasons: autumn's the best!!!

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

Yes I like it very much too! :D Spring, autumn and summer...! :wink: As long as it's not too hot in the summer. :roll: :wink: But this august has been almost as it was autumn, you know with all the rain... :shock:

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Yep I actually got a wiff of a turf fire yesterday on my walk around the town. This just brings me back through so many memories. :)

A great time to spot wild life as they run around getting ready for winter and colours and smells and tastes. Unfortunatly it also means the mammy mobiles are back on the road on the two minute trip to school :nono: .

Autumn is my favorite season.

James

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I love the fall with all the smells and sights that go with it. Second would be spring with all the freshness and newness that it brings. Too hot in summer around here usually, but this year it never really got into the hot hot weather and combined with the early signs of fall, leads me to believe that a cold and wet winter is on it's way. About time too, we've been in drought here for many years.

Nightfall

Forager
Sep 2, 2004
Nothren Califorina
I like the autumn here on the coast. This is the time that we have really great weather. Alittle wind, but thats not bad. Summer time when it is hot inland over the coast ranges, the marine layer gets dragged onshore.Makes it real foggy here, almost cold. Winter is coming with its rain. Rain brings good things too. I agree with RA that we will get some heavy rains this year. Maples are begining to change colors here.

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
I agree Autumn is great!! Its a shame it has to end....if only there was only autumn.....Winter has its plus sides, snow!!! And that means sledging!
Will also mean i'll need a new sleeping bag if I want to do any camping :shock: .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE