I like Hammocks.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

No Idea

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Well, I didnt get to go hammocking, but I did use my stove on the beach for the first time.

Happy!

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I think there is some kind of trickery or witchcraft involved with them as they make a strange noise as the water is sucked out of the hole that you can see right out of .

Craig.............

Lol yes... they actually gurgle and slurp.

When they have sucked out all the water, you can actually look down them and see the dent in the water under the bottom, which at that point is about 6 inches below the waterline.

I'm guessing it's the same principle as putting an upturned cup in a bowl of water - that doesn't fill up either. Or have I got completly the wrong end of the stick???

Either way, it's not going to stop me enjoying this thread :)

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Er.....

Have a look at this motorbike jumping a ramp....

bailer01.gif

I think its momentum that throws the bike forwards and up and gravity that pulls it back down again.

However....

The at a set speed and set angle of ramp, the bike always misses the gray area.

Last edited:

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Now imagine turning the ground and the ramp upside down.

The ramp is now the back of the bailer. It acts as a ramp.

Imagine little blue lumps of water sliging along the hull and getting launched by the ramp of the bailer....

bailer02.gif

As ther is actually nothing but air in the grey area behind the bailer, any water in the boat - yellow... simply runs out of the bailer by gravity and is pulled back by the passing water stream....

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Nah.

I think there is one of the little people there who sucks water out of the bailer with a straw and squirts it back over the front of the boat in little jets trying to get it in my eyes or sandwiches.

Witchery.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh

Imagine little blue lumps of water sliging along the hull and getting launched by the ramp of the bailer....

bailer02.gif

As ther is actually nothing but air in the grey area behind the bailer, any water in the boat - yellow... simply runs out of the bailer by gravity and is pulled back by the passing water stream....

Well i could have never described it in such a simple and graphic way.

but i have one question, how come you have yellow water in your boat ?

Craig................

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
heh, dont mean to be negative... but after skim reading the whole first page.... i dont think hammocks are mentioned once! motorcyles, yup, boats, yup, random stuff, yup!!!!

where can an avid hammock fan like myself get the hammock banter i was looking for! :(

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Page one hammocks start at post no.5 and carry on from there .

Craig...............

i meant the first page as it loads.... i.e in this case i guess its page 56..... was just jovially pointing out that the thread had fallen off the map! twas quite an interesting read about boats at any rate!

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
heh, dont mean to be negative... but after skim reading the whole first page.... i dont think hammocks are mentioned once! motorcyles, yup, boats, yup, random stuff, yup!!!!

where can an avid hammock fan like myself get the hammock banter i was looking for! :(

Yup! Im very good at random!

This whole thread is pretty random.

Glad you found it interesting. Comments like that make it worthwhile taking the time to post.

Anyhow...Your problem....

Have you thought about starting a thread called "Exclusively hammock banter"?

Will be interested in hearing what you talk about.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire

bailer02.gif

Thanks for that, I think it makes a bit of sense now :)

mind you, if you ensure you visit the gents before you next go out, you wont get the yellow water on board :D

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Lol

It was getting close a few times.

Thats why I ended up at the beach where I took the pic of the lump on my head. Its got a toilet.

The doctor is feeding me anti water retention tabs. I need to go every ten seconds, or at least it feels that way.

Just as well I know where all the toilets are in the area from having the kids always needing to go.

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
That wee yin likes the water , he's never oot it ...

Sorry GsfGaz

I missed your post.

He has thrown himself in every bit of water he ahs seen since he learned how to walk. He jumped off the quay 4 or 5 times, even between a ferry and the dock, in rivers, in the sea, off bridges, in puddles, even in the bath.

We started him on swimming lessons at 3 years old as it was getting obvious that he would drown before he reached 4 if we didnt.

It was the older one who jumped off a suspension bridge 8 ft above a weir though.

I nearly drowned that day. I jumped in after him and got stuck in the mud. He just floated down on the air in his coat and climbed out.

Pigging kids.

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Forgot to mention that he goes swimming 3 times a week as well.

Anyhow...

It was Sunday....

SO I drove to within a mile or so of the cafe and let my little one out.

Im in the cafe. Ive eaten my dinner and his is getting cold.

Hes going to have to start running faster.

b-dscf3745.jpg

Hmmm...wonder if he would notice if I accidentally ate half of it.

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
I was good. He got all his dinner.

After lunch they decided they wanted to go to the park.

Hard work all this waiting while they play.

b-dscf3747.jpg

These new hammocks are ok, but I think I preffer my padded one.

b-dscf3748.jpg

Its warmer.

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
He wants some money to buy a laptop....

Luckily those flowers are a bit too big for him to accidentally mow along with the daffs.

b-dscf3777.jpg

NO ! NOT THE CAR !!!

b-dscf3779.jpg

No Idea

Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
Had two visitors for a few days.

Hadnt seen them for a few months.

b-dscf3783.jpg

Looks like Ive lost my bed again.

This one is huge and always lies in the middle of the doorway and expects everyone to walk round him.

b-dscf3784.jpg

Well....She has walked so far that even she is tired.

b-dscf3786.jpg

Next tiem we go out Im going to carry a bucket to follow after this one.

b-dscf3787.jpg

He must be empty by now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE