I highly recommend this fire piston maker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Bit of a steal this looking at it, so i just bought the last one he had listed :D :D :D

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Mine's just arrived from EB Primitives, ordered it on the 1st May and it's here from the US on the 6th, not bad considering we have had a bank holiday in that time as well.

Must say, it's a great product, well built and i got an ember first try - well chuffed, Emil also chucked in an extra load of seals (got enough to last the rest of my life i think:D ) and a stuff load of igniter, certainly enough to last for a long long time.

Personally, for what you get, i think he is underselling these pistons, they are worth much much more than what he is charging.

Mang

Settler
Maver, I ordered one on May 3rd and you've got my knees knocking in anticipation! I told the guy that I was involved with Cubs and because of this he said he'd chuck some extra bits in to combat the postage (which is reasonable anyway). Someone give this guy an award or something!

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Mine's just arrived from EB Primitives, ordered it on the 1st May and it's here from the US on the 6th, not bad considering we have had a bank holiday in that time as well.

Must say, it's a great product, well built and i got an ember first try - well chuffed, Emil also chucked in an extra load of seals (got enough to last the rest of my life i think:D ) and a stuff load of igniter, certainly enough to last for a long long time.

Personally, for what you get, i think he is underselling these pistons, they are worth much much more than what he is charging.

Me too! Thanks Emil, tis a wonderous thing!:You_Rock_

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
It's probably worthwhile contacting him directly - as you see from my original posting, he was very amenable to direct contact.

Geoff

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I can also recommend EB primitives - I bought one of his fire pistons and it worked first time - I was absolutely gobsmacked - having heard about how difficult it can be to get an ember I was really pleased

MrPhil

Tenderfoot
May 26, 2009
East Coast of Kent, UK
I must second that. I purchased an Ultimate Fire Piston from him through evilbay at the weekend and he emailed me saying it had been sent on Monday.

Guess what, it was waiting for me when I went home for lunch :D. 3 days from the US to Scotland is very impressive.

I have not had a proper chance to look through the box but it appears he has included extra seals and tinder to make up for the extra postage as it is outside the US but if the delivery is any indication of service then I would have no worries buying again from Emil.

I have no links with Email other that the order just received.
Richard

I would like to twelfth that (to be honest I lost count after that). I too bought an Ultimate Fire Piston a few days ago and when I got home from work, 5 days after the chap sent it out, it had arrived on my doorstep! Wahoo.

It still amazes me that things from the USA can get to us quicker than items sent from the UK.

Back to the item in question, it was well packed, clear instructions, came with everything needed to keep things going forever and the chap was really friendly in communications.

Again, I have no links with Emil, only another satisfied customer.

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Read this thread yesterday and decided today to make a fire piston. Being a woodturner it wasn't too difficult. Knocked up some charcloth and bingo jobs a goodun. Never heard of fire pistons before but love this sort of gadget. Thanks for the info :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE