I haz Garberg!

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Jul 24, 2017
1,163
446
somerset
Well For just over £80 this came!



Definitely Mora's top grade, feels and works very well, a fine working an reassuringly solid knife for sure, and the multi mount system is ace!



So far I have done a little; splitting, scraping, shaving and struck sparks with it, it was pretty mint at all of it! :)

 
Last edited:
Think the most interesting is the multi mount. Like how Lars over on Survival Russia YouTube channel carries his Kansbol bandoleer style. Seems preferable to a neck carry.
 
Think the most interesting is the multi mount. Like how Lars over on Survival Russia YouTube channel carries his Kansbol bandoleer style. Seems preferable to a neck carry.

Yep the multi system is pretty fandango! The eldris feels chunky enough when carried neck style, and the garberg would feel like a mill stone!
 
I think many reviews have covered aspects of its strength, and its ability to cross over into more heavy work, but I think they can miss a key aspect of its form, its a small knife, compromising size, basically length and weight for handiness, so I though I would have a go at a bit of carving, sorry its a bit crude but I have not done any for a long time.

 
That knife is all you will ever need.

You may have something there! I have for a long time preferred a larger blade, 6-7 inch with some weight on it! but this knife...I don't know I'm liking the trade off compact and dextrous might be the way to go! I understand its limits and cant really fault it.
 
Didn't like the one I handled either. I like my Scandi's to have a thinner blade so they can still cut
 
I've had one for a while now and whilst not the prettiest of knives I think it's a great all round user, great blade and handle material for working in salty environments, the handle is good in the wet, the spine strikes a huge spark, it cuts well and holds an edge, food prep is adequate, granted it's not a cheap Mora but I reckon it'll last.

I actually think it's quite chunky in the hand and gives a good solid feel.

I like it :)
 
Well I can say I'm very much taken with the mora's each one I have has its own ability and trade offs but there all very capable, I just picked up a kansbol with the multi mount, really like this system, think I'll do a bulk review at some point as I now have the full range of the type I like.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE