I haz Garberg!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Well For just over £80 this came!

Definitely Mora's top grade, feels and works very well, a fine working an reassuringly solid knife for sure, and the multi mount system is ace!

So far I have done a little; splitting, scraping, shaving and struck sparks with it, it was pretty mint at all of it! :)

Last edited:

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Think the most interesting is the multi mount. Like how Lars over on Survival Russia YouTube channel carries his Kansbol bandoleer style. Seems preferable to a neck carry.

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Think the most interesting is the multi mount. Like how Lars over on Survival Russia YouTube channel carries his Kansbol bandoleer style. Seems preferable to a neck carry.

Yep the multi system is pretty fandango! The eldris feels chunky enough when carried neck style, and the garberg would feel like a mill stone!

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
I think many reviews have covered aspects of its strength, and its ability to cross over into more heavy work, but I think they can miss a key aspect of its form, its a small knife, compromising size, basically length and weight for handiness, so I though I would have a go at a bit of carving, sorry its a bit crude but I have not done any for a long time.

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
That knife is all you will ever need.

You may have something there! I have for a long time preferred a larger blade, 6-7 inch with some weight on it! but this knife...I don't know I'm liking the trade off compact and dextrous might be the way to go! I understand its limits and cant really fault it.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Didn't like the one I handled either. I like my Scandi's to have a thinner blade so they can still cut

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I've had one for a while now and whilst not the prettiest of knives I think it's a great all round user, great blade and handle material for working in salty environments, the handle is good in the wet, the spine strikes a huge spark, it cuts well and holds an edge, food prep is adequate, granted it's not a cheap Mora but I reckon it'll last.

I actually think it's quite chunky in the hand and gives a good solid feel.

I like it :)

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Well I can say I'm very much taken with the mora's each one I have has its own ability and trade offs but there all very capable, I just picked up a kansbol with the multi mount, really like this system, think I'll do a bulk review at some point as I now have the full range of the type I like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE