I haven't seen this place mentioned? Army surplus - Honiton.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Hi guys, sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, but I came across a military surplus place in Devon today in a town called Honiton. It's not far from Exeter which is the home to Endicotts. I had a search before venturing and I can't find it mentioned on here.

Unfortunately they have no online ordering presence. http://www.armysurplushoniton.co.uk

I'm not too sure on their prices compared to others, but the guy in there is very friendly. So maybe if you know exactly what you're after there might be a way to order over the phone?

I've got no affiliation with the place, I bought some alt-berg boots in there today and I'm happy with them - but that's my only connection.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi guys, sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, but I came across a military surplus place in Devon today in a town called Honiton. It's not far from Exeter which is the home to Endicotts. I had a search before venturing and I can't find it mentioned on here.

Unfortunately they have no online ordering presence. http://www.armysurplushoniton.co.uk

I'm not too sure on their prices compared to others, but the guy in there is very friendly. So maybe if you know exactly what you're after there might be a way to order over the phone?

I've got no affiliation with the place, I bought some alt-berg boots in there today and I'm happy with them - but that's my only connection.

Agree - Guy is very friendly.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales

Shame you can’t order online..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Shame you can’t order online..

I agree! I took a punt without knowing quite what he had and headed there as I needed some boots and Endicotts website didn't seem to show much stock in size 12's. I could have given him a ring, but I'm new to the game so I didn't know what I wanted - plus I suck on the phone and I'd probably trip over my words....

I did pay by card, so if he knows how he could take payment over the phone. He had tons of jackets, boots (new and surplus), webbing, packs, sleeping bags.

I asked him about trade (in 2020) he said he's definitely taken a hit, missed out on a lot of cadet sales and DofE, Ten Tors etc as I'm sure many people have!

But, yeh, as I said, v friendly and helpful so would be a personal injustice not to give him a shout-out on here. I might head back sometime for a gander, I'll ask about online sales.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
I agree! I took a punt without knowing quite what he had and headed there as I needed some boots and Endicotts website didn't seem to show much stock in size 12's. I could have given him a ring, but I'm new to the game so I didn't know what I wanted - plus I suck on the phone and I'd probably trip over my words....

I did pay by card, so if he knows how he could take payment over the phone. He had tons of jackets, boots (new and surplus), webbing, packs, sleeping bags.

I asked him about trade (in 2020) he said he's definitely taken a hit, missed out on a lot of cadet sales and DofE, Ten Tors etc as I'm sure many people have!

But, yeh, as I said, v friendly and helpful so would be a personal injustice not to give him a shout-out on here. I might head back sometime for a gander, I'll ask about online sales.

I checked out his website and surprisingly didn’t even see an email address on it, very old school!

Jay_jay27

Forager
Dec 29, 2020
Uk
I love finding the old school shops like this one there always like an Aladins cave of finds ! there few and far between these days.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
I love finding the old school shops like this one there always like an Aladins cave of finds ! there few and far between these days.

Used to be a really good one on the road to Fishguard, you never knew what to expect there from one day to the next and I used to spend a fortune in there LOL

Jay_jay27

Forager
Dec 29, 2020
Uk
Used to be a really good one on the road to Fishguard, you never knew what to expect there from one day to the next and I used to spend a fortune in there LOL

I know what you mean haha I’ve done that before pop in for a look and come out with 3 knifes a pair of boots and green overalls that I was sure would come in handy LOL

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
I know what you mean haha I’ve done that before pop in for a look and come out with 3 knifes a pair of boots and green overalls that I was sure would come in handy LOL

It’s easily ten years since I was last in there and I still have kit in the loft from there that I haven’t used LOL

Reactions: Jay_jay27

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE