I have made a new user for myself. (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Here is the latest knife I have made a new user for myself.

The Blade is a laminated raw forged 76 mm blade by Poul Strande.
The handle is Spalted stabilised birch with buffalo horn and bone with a brass bolster and red fibre spacers.
The sheath is wet formed from Half tanned leather.

latestknife2-1.jpg

latestknife5-1.jpg

latestknife5.jpg

P6290001.jpg

latestknife4.jpg

latestknife2.jpg

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
That looks great, very well made, love the eye shape in the wood on the last picture.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Thanks for the comments I feel I have improved and I am on the next knife which I like already (for a friend).
This is number 7 and there has been definite improvement and learning all the way.

forginhill

Settler
Dec 3, 2006
The Desert
That scores high in my book! I love it! The handle really catches my eye: finished well, but natural looking. I'm getting lots of inspiration. Excellent work.

Todd

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Beautiful knife Brancho.
Spalted wood is lovely stuff, I saved some spalted beech from the fire wood pile :eek: .
Not used it for anything yet though.
Pete.

I have some spalted birch myself that I have made woggles for Scouts and some little trinkets. Have had a go at stabilising a piece to use on a knife hopefully its stong enough.

This is professionally stabilised birch that cost quite a bit so I know it is good for the job.

That's a beautiful knife. For many years here in the southeast U.S. I carried larger knives...well not always, I started out at age six with a bone handled Edgemark with a three inch blade, then moved up to a Buck 119 later, then on to bowie style knives in a search for a knife to "do everything" so I wouldn't haave to carry as much gear. Now I have gone through everything from small to large bowies and on to machetes of various sizes. The lesson learned was that there is no one knife to do it all, if it is big enough to chop logs for a cabin or split logs for a fire then it is too big for working with more detailed work or game processing and vise versa. So I ended up with a three blade combination....a pocket knife for fine work, a small bowie for camp and chores, and a small axe for chopping and splitting, and I still often take a machete to certain areas but it usualy just stays in the truck. Thanks to Rick, a friend I met on line about a year ago who is a member here by the name Askdamice and the influences I am seeing here, I am slowing returning to my original thoughts on knives....away from the tactical knives I got into at one time and more toward the traditional knives. I much enjoy the knives I see made by members here, and the enrgies I sense are placed into the making of them. I look forward to seeing many more.

Mistwalker glad to hear you like it

interesting to hear your tastes are still changing

We as people, along with our environment both physical and legal, are ever evolving and adapting....or should be for if we aren't then have we not grown stagnant? As previously discussed here and elsewhere it's not so much what you have as what you know. The best gear is always subject to the environment it is to be used in. Here in this deciduous forest I almost always take a hachet, where as in southern Florida and the Everglades I'd prefer a machete. I see it as more a case of my knowledge expanding building off of all previous experiences and evolving more than my tastes changing. While I have learned much over the years and could do much with a small knife like this one here at home or even in a wild place such as the Everglades.
PICT0890.jpg

PICT0894.jpg

As of just yet I'd still prefer to have this one
PICT0715.jpg

PICT0717.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE