I have made a new user for myself. (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Thanks Seved glad you like it and Pouls Strande's blades are nice,I have made 3 knives with his blades and I am working on the fourth now.

Mistwalker
I see what you maen now about different knives for different jobs as when I am carving something I prefer a thinner blade that this one for instance.
I like the look of the first knife you show is that a leather riveted handle

Thanks Seved glad you like it and Pouls Strande's blades are nice,I have made 3 knives with his blades and I am working on the fourth now.

Mistwalker
I see what you maen now about different knives for different jobs as when I am carving something I prefer a thinner blade that this one for instance.
I like the look of the first knife you show is that a leather riveted handle

Oh, that, well... yes. It is a prototype I am testing for a friend to see how well it holds up under heavy use and wilderness conditions.

What is it like to use?

I've only just gotten it a few weeks ago and have only had it out a few times....got it for my oldest daughter actualy but I'm supposed to be testing it also. However so far it's very controlable and user friendly, feels great in the hand and even my daughter loves the edge...,even after cracking crab claws, cutting up a few carrots, parsnips, potatoes, onions cellery, mushrooms, some stew meat, scraping enough fat wood shavings to start a couple of fires,, battoning a few twigs, and some whittling it will still shave with no effort. He makes that knife with different handle materials this is just a test case. I am waiting to see if I am going to order mine to match it for me or have mine done in a different material. I happen to like how the handle and sheath have continuity and balance. In all honesty he never intended to sell this one when he made it but he really doesn't have time to get out there and play with it right now...., me..., I make every excuse and take every opportunity to get out there and try things even if "out there" happens to be out there in my back yard..., nothing but woods anyway, so we made a deal. I already know (economy willing) that this willnot be the last knife I'll buy from him

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE