i give up !!

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
check the links above, endicotts are superb to buy from, but link says erratic supply, just give Kev a ring. also the other links show similar products. previous comment about mini alice packs not being genuine issue is correct, but they are of similar build to what you have ordered, so just suggested it as an alternative.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
looks like the Endicott one is going to be the winner, i'll give them a call in the morning, see if they got one ( anyone taking bets ? )

thank you Mr Smacker, a true gent sir. :)

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
If you're still having trouble tomorrow, drop me a PM. I think I have an old canvas (steel frame) rucksack kicking around somewhere. Problem at the moment is I don't even know which country it's in but I'll be going there wherever it is inside a couple of weeks. It's more air force colour than army. It has leather shoulder straps, the pockets fasten with buckles and leather straps. It had sheepskin covering the shoulder straps when I got it but years ago it suffered a bad attack of moths so all the fur fell off. :( Anyway if it hasn't got a family of rodents living in it when I find it I'll let you have a photo.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s

thats a cracking bag Mr smacker but at 45 L i can't take it on as hand luggage ( sorry, should have made that clearer in the first post )

this is the one i wanted

http://www.military1st.co.uk/produc...-military-rucksack-backpack-30l-olive-od.html

its fine as handluggage, in fact ideal size :)

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/airport-hand-luggage-and-security.html

Beardy

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 28, 2010
UK
Bergans of Norway do some hunter's packs in a green loden (wool?) fabric, very nice and vintage looking but they probably cost a pretty penny too.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
will do Mr Smacker.

( Guess what ? they didn't have any in stock but are getting some in later in the week, LOL LOL LOL !! )

the man on the phone said they were grade 2 so not new but in good condition.

here's hoping :)

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
well, they are a good bunch, i had a lowe alpine strike from them and it was grade 1, apart from the main body of the bag being faded it looked like it was brand new! seems like they have the attention to detail that so many lack. highly rated on here also.

Jan 10, 2011
Germany
that german army mountain back pack looks just the job !! many thanks for that :)

HELL !! out of stock !!

AAAggggghhhhh !

hi, this is joerg from the rucksackshop.com support team. sorry for not having the back packs on stock. due to high demand and some problems with the producers supply we have only a limited amount available. the mountain back pack is on stock at the moment and we hope to be back to normal supply levels for all other back packs by end of january. i hope this helps.

kind regards

joerg

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Don't know about now but when I was stationed in England most os the surplus stores carried A.L.I.C.E. packs; they seemed to be quite popular there. I know it's fairly easy to find them online no matter where you are. Just type in"surplus alice packs" and you'll find dozens of sites.

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
For all old style pack lovers: there's a dumpstore webshop in holland that has a lot - see link for rucksacks:

http://militaria4you.nl/artikelen.php?action=search&keyword=rugtas

Don't knowe if they ship overseas though!

rgds,

Thijs

PS: if you start wandering around on the mentioned site, you'll find the weirdest army stuff.....
Field Lab anyone?
499_11L001_Veld_lab_5195396.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE