I call this one....

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
The AXE
axe-spoon.jpg

A stubborn knot caused splintering so got worked around, which left an Iconic shape...
It also left the handle far too small for the bowl but <shrug> these never get used anyway. :D One day I will carve one good enough to eat with. Perhaps I'll have to go on Nicola's advanced spoon carving course ( Like I was gonna do last year! )

axe1.jpg

axe2.jpg
[
axe3.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
:D
One can never have too many spoons!
First time I have seen this thread but I will comment anyway:)
Do not wory about your carving - practice makes perfect - and I find carving theraputic even if the result is no all I want it to be.....
I use mine when I am out and about and also give them as prezzies (I am a right cheapo)
I like the way you turned a potential disaster into a design feature:cool:
anf the shape of the bowl looks good too - pity that the handle is a bit short BUT you only need a long handle if you have a deep pot or bowl!;)
Keep up the good work!

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
I like a short handle as it means I can get the spoon inside my home made billie for storage as I travel, again you only need a deep bowl if you are having liquids... keep at it mate
jon

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Looks like a guitar in that top photo! Nought wrong with it. You still got all your fingers? so you learned something. And if you got one missing now, you also learned something...:cool: The next one will be even better. Just enjoy it, it's meant to be fun.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE