I call it Voodoo...

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I bought one of those Chinese multi-fuel camping stoves for £35 delivered. Delivery was supposed to take about 3 weeks but I've been champing at the bit for it to arrive so was delighted to see on the tracking information it was out for delivery today...

...I waited...

...and I waited...

finally, gave up and at about 2:30 this afternoon had a shower. I'd only just got out when the doorbell rang - stove is here (no import duty - hurrah!)!

Box looks like it's been kicked around the sorting office but inside was all intact. Will post pictures/review later on

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
OK, just tried using my Chinese stove using unleaded petrol - the pump leaks so badly that I'm ending up covered in petrol - instructions are next to useless

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I don't know. Fuel is getting behind the plunger so when I draw it up, it spurts out the top. If I do manage to build any pressure up in the bottle, it makes the fuel flow quite liberally out of the pump shaft. It's a real shame - I was so looking forward to it arriving...

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Sounds like the pump non-return valve isn't working. You should be able to unscrew the nrv from the end of the pump. Inside there should be a small rubber pip and a spring which holds it against a seat on the end of the pump. On the downward stroke the pressure of the pumped aire should force the pip off its seat , then un the upstroke the spring (and internal pressure) should push the pip back against its seat.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
OK, confession time. I'd be playing about with the stove and dismantling it before trying it. I hadn't noticed the little brass NRV had fallen out so when I reassembled it, the pump was basically a piston but didn't build up any pressure. With it reinserted, it burns clean (albeit LOUD!) on petrol and kerosene/paraffin. When carrying it in a rucksack, the fuel bottle would be removed and have the lid on (it's the same thread as my Sigg fuel bottle, as well as the ones from the 99p shop, although unsure about pressurising those).

So, I'm an idiot but at least it's working now. Sad thing is, my little French billy set has holes in the bottom so I can't use it - I left it too long with water in and it's corroded through. Might try Lumiweld or similar but it's probably not worth it.

Aug 13, 2011
Brunton Multi-Fuel Stove with a Primus Optimax Pump....

Leaded Petrol, Unleaded Petrol, Coleman Fluid, Paraffin, Avgas, Diesel.... White Spirit.....

Sorted....

:)

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Oh And you don't have to change any jets....

Once I'd selected a jet for mine, it ran fine on kerosene and petrol without having to change again. I'm going to buy some panel wipe tomorrow but it's nice to know that if I run out I can use the same fuel as my truck (petrol)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE