Hypothetical.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
I’ve always done things a little differently. When I get an order for a knife, after all the design stuff and little tweaks here and there, I make the knife and sheath and post it to the client. They then get to play, use, fiddle with and generally abuse it, it’s only a tool like a hammer or screwdriver after all, and when they’re completely happy with it, and only then, do I expect payment. If, for any reason at all, the client doesn’t like the knife it’s returned and that’s it.

I’ve had a couple of buyers insist on paying first for a knife I’ve already made, you know who you are, thanks, guys, but this system has served me very well for years.

I don’t want to take money from anybody for what they ultimately consider to be an unsuitable tool - stop sniggering at the back - and only expect payment when everybody involved is satisfied with the sale.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Mark Hill aka Hillbill owes me a knife blade too. Been 4+ years and he doesn't even reply to my emails or messages anymore. I delivered £300+ of guns to him for 3 items. I got two of them, still waiting on the final one.

Do not deal with him.

I also hope the admin here can do something about him. People get banned for being a pita, but Mark has quite literally conned people for £hundreds. It's unacceptable.

WealdenWoodsman

Forager
Oct 10, 2017
place
I completely get it if he is ill and is unable to keep up with orders, thats life.

However, the decent thing to do would be to fully explain the situation to all who are waiting for a blade. After which it would seem a no brainer in my books to offer a full refund for any outstanding orders. Simply hiding for the problem wont make it go away, frankly it can only make it worse.

As for the OP, you have been VERY reasonable and if I was in your situation I would also state your intentions to go down the court route if a refund is not given within 30 days.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I think I would have been giving his door a knock before now, I know Mark and never thought he would do anything like this come on Mark either fulfill your orders or give them their money back plus a knife as a sign of good will.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I let this thread run because it was informative. It was courteously done, and it was a quiet heads up.
I'm not going to move it into Removeds, but I am going to lock it down.

I think everything that needed to be said, has been said. I think the ball is now in the Maker's court.

If anyone has another comment to make that adds to the thread in a postive or helpful way, then contact one of the Mods and it can be added.

In the meantime your courtesy and understanding would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE