Husqvava Axe Mask

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Just finished this, took me a day start to finish

The celtic hound is from a targe pattern i have and changed slightly, it's just engraved straight into wet leather and then dyed.
Whole thig is 3.2mm veg tan, a 5 thick welt shaved down a touch to fit the axe snuggish :doh2:, and two rivets holding on the belt loops at the top but stitched at the bottom.
I wouoldn't say it's snug, but it holds it in place. I'm debating whether or not to put a lace round the back to hold the axe head a bit more securely. WHat do you think?
Typical Sam Browne stud at the front.

ATB

Nat

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Awesome piece of work there fella.

I have two axe projects on the go and I love the double loop carrying system style at the top.

Great stuff.

Can't see that you would need to embelish it further with laces though unless you are planning on taking it out for a jog.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
That's wonderful. Lovely.

In fact our minds were on the same wavelength. I did an husky axe mask today. My VERY first bit of leatherwork ever. You've saved me the trouble of duplicating the thread. Its not as accomplished as your bit I'll keep trying and one day mine will hopefully be as good as yours. Well done.

IMGP6250.jpg

IMGP6251.jpg

IMGP6253.jpg

IMGP6254.jpg

IMGP6255.jpg

IMGP6258.jpg

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Nice mate, why not put another sam browne stud where the poll is?.

Nice work on your first bit of leather work Littlebiglane:cool:

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Thought about doing that SOAR, and still might, i'll see how it goes. Enjoying engraving so watch a sudden rash of engraved leatherwork after this weekend :lmao:

Nice mate, why not put another sam browne stud where the poll is?.

Nice work on your first bit of leather work Littlebiglane:cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE