Hunters Cloak and Cape

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

entherder

Aug 11, 2011
Central Illinois
Hello All, This started out as two separate garments. I found it to be a nuisance to use them separately so I sewed the cape and hood to the cloak at the neck. Much better fit in general and it looks better as well. The material issurplus army blankets sewn with waxed furriers thread. I found it to be very warm and very breathable even when doing heavy work at camp. Thanks for looking! Todd

http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/Humblebushcraft/library/Hunter Cloak and Cape?sort=3&page=1

entherder

Aug 11, 2011
Central Illinois
Honestly I just went for broke for the most part, but would be happy to draw up some basic plans for the garment. I did go for the whole LOTR look as I am a huge fan of the books. As far as rain i
I like that a lot! Did you use a pattern or just go for it?
Colin
As far as rain is concerned, I am not sure; I do know that it shed melted snow pretty well but I have never worn it in a real rain. I would be confident that in a light rain it would do fine and dry quickly if sodden. Wool still retains a good bit of insulative qualities when wet and dries quickly with a decent fire. Thanks for looking gents.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE