Hunter Rescues Deer And Nearly Gets Gored!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Oh no doubt. What surprised me though, was that the deer hung around rather than running off.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Wonder if they ate the dead deer. Seems such a waste to just leave it there when you know what it died from.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Wonder if they ate the dead deer. Seems such a waste to just leave it there when you know what it died from.

I certainly would of! I love venison :cool:!

Interesting video, as the others said, it wasn't the greatest idea to get that close. Thanks for posting!

Elgatoloco

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2010
Glasgow, UK
Two years ago, somewhere near Fort William, I took this shot( stopped my car and got really close, my Gf was inside a car at that time) after taking few shots returned to car and my Gf said that deers can attack people...I was like "yeah, right" I knew that every animal can attack if feeling threatened but I wasn't aware how violent those attack can be( heard of people with punctured lungs etc.)

6276337938_d439b0ba32_b.jpg

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pillocks - freeing the deer was risky enough - but then approaching it again until it charged? Very foolhardy.

People are weird, I'm always surprised when dog walkers are unbelieving when you tell them the number of people killed each year by cows. Just because an animal is a herbivore doesn't make it safe!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Elephants and hippos immediately spring to mind.

People are weird, I'm always surprised when dog walkers are unbelieving when you tell them the number of people killed each year by cows. Just because an animal is a herbivore doesn't make it safe!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE