Hultafors heavy duty and OK4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Lol nice! Good haul, plenty to last a life time, experiment and modify.

The mora robust is also a superb knife. Had one for ages and mine was finished really well compared to other mora's I've had. Never had the top one, kansabol? Before but the blade has always interested me. I hope you work your magic on them.

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
That's quite a few spines to square off!
I once got bored at work - 2 days later a rather large parcel of paracord in various colours turned up! Glad I'm not the only one it happens too.

I'll be interested to hear how the Kansbol compares to the Hultafors.

Dave

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
the other spare heavy duty, after handle removal and slight regrind/finish with a square spine.
can confirm the tang stops at the "f" in hultafors on the handle.
cheap3.JPG

Reactions: Samon

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
That's quite a few spines to square off!
I once got bored at work - 2 days later a rather large parcel of paracord in various colours turned up! Glad I'm not the only one it happens too.

I'll be interested to hear how the Kansbol compares to the Hultafors.

Dave
its a strange one that Kansobol, in stainless. very light and very very thin at the tip.
would make a good salt water fishing knife.

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
I'm thinking of getting the OK4 for my Sammi nothing to do with wanting to try it myself;) I like a bit of steel an plastic, good modern materials decent in use and so easy to keep!

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yep, that's a toothpick! Lol

Probably tough but not a reassuring to the eye. It'd be good like you said for sea fishing and a custom hard wearing handle with stainless but plate and fitting would look ace. Do it! ;)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Batoning is overrated.......
:)

I have used that blade shape for building work, bushcrafting including fishing for a couple of years. No damage to any.
Not batoned any timber ( I never do) but have used it to sever the spine and jawbone on some pretty big fish.
I use a hammer to whack the blade then.

Remember, we are talking Swedish Sandviken steel here. Strong stuff, a quality even the Japanese appreciate for their handcrafted kitchen knifes!

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
managed to re handle one of the "heavy duty's". nothing fancy just an old piece of hickory
gave the blade a bit of a make over as well with a re grind, squaring of the spine and a tidy up.
hult2.JPG hult1.JPG

Reactions: Samon and Philster

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE