Hultafors blades side by side

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Hi guys, I ordered the orange handled hultafors knife recently for a mate of mine. (Excellent heinnie service)

anyhoo I thought I'd show the green and orange side by side. There is quite a big difference between the two...

The heavy duty version really is significantly more substantial.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Both feel good in the hand though the heavy duty one would be my choice, thicker and just all round better feeling in the hand.

Incidentally the orange one was shaving sharp out of the box but the green one was not, as you can see its had some abuse too. But it's dealt with all I've thrown at it so far.

Cheers
Andy

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
I've got the heavy duty one (well bought it for my wife, then commandeered it myself).

Great piece of kit. Cheap as chips too.

Nice to see the 2 compared, thanks..

Alex

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
nice one mate! got the heavy duty myself, ordered it a few days back. Really nice knife! large handle and really comfy too. My intention was to rehandle it in antler or something like that but.. I kind of really like that massive comfy handle as is! :D

Odd grind on it (scandi with a full V secondary grind..) but it takes a brilliant edge with little work! possibley a better/easier edge than my mora! :eek:

I think I will clean up and square the spine, then tackle the grind and make it convex/scandi instead, then rehandle when I get some practice!

also, the sheath is miles better than the mora ones! team hultafors anyone? ;)

hey guys, new to this site, really good knifes for the money, got a couple of the orange smaller ones, the heavy duty green one and recently brought the stainless steel blade with the every grippy handle, cant complain at all good quality blades below a tenner

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have plenty of the orange ones with new handles fitted, also have the green one, like Samon I was going to fit another handle to make it more my style but do like the robust one it came with, I put a convex grind to it which did take quite a while doing with a small file.
Great knives for the money.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I agree, the handles are excellent. This is swiftly becoming my "go to" blade. The edge if mine needs attention as a mate had at it with a sander, but it's sharp and does the job.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE