Hugsby Cree P2 Flashlight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I just me one of these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32876 to replace my Madjak torch.

Didn't take too long to get here. Works off a single AA battery which is awesome and not the CR123's
battery life is good.

The brightness is awesome, and the strobe mode is truely blinding.

It is small and light enough I have smaller torches but not as bright, for bang for buck I think it is hard to beat.

The cost as well was big factor :)

I will give it a few tests and get back to you for burn times, and a practical test later.

Last edited:

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Ok heads up on this torch..

been doing a bit of surfing and found my torch with a video attached, It can be used with AA or C123 batteries and the adapter is just one of the rings that it came with. Here is a link to the torch and a short video of it:

http://www.niton999.co.uk/products.expanded.asp?product=4874

Their price £34.99 with VAT :)
Mine was $14.98 with free shipping....what a steal :)

OH how I love Dealextreme.....
I am one the same single AA battery as when I first had it and it is still going strong since 20th August. Once this battery has worn out I will do a couple of continous burn times for full, half and strobe facilities. It is really tough and takes alot of hammering. My only observation so far is that the clip wiggles a bit from side to side but is still held firm by the two screws. But I mainly use the clip to prevent it rolling off surfaces anyways but it still holds firm when i do use it as a clip.

It is a very bright torch and the range is over 100m I would say, at one meet I used it to point out the North star using the Plough and it easily showed the stars so people could see them. And the strobe is blinding, as well :) I have used it to test for when we do room clearances in urban ops, the guy in the building said he knew I was there but as soon as the light was in the room he could see a whole lot except flashing light and stars infront of his eyes :D so works well for that too.

Anyways will update more later.

Last edited:

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Bought my UltraFire U4-MCU Cree Q5-WC from ebay for under a tenner, I've used it twice a week for a year, (taped to my bikehandlebars ) and it throws a shaft of light over 100m, (on max) three rechargeable 1000mAh batteries in the free adapter lasts about 2 1/2 hours (again on max) It's survived being dropped, drowned ( a heavy down pour that killed my cateye halogen) the only downside is the adapter for the three AAA batteries is half a mm too small, and so, rattles. This annoys me, despite the fact I cannot hear it when I am cycling. A folded bit of paper slipped down the side, and all is silent. Cateye halogen for £29 and only any use on roads with streetlights or Ultrafire under a tenner, and even in pitch darkness you can see for miles.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Had one of these myself for a while now. Paid about £9. Took a while to arrive but very happy with it. Didn't have to pay any duty on it either.

As Pete has said; great torch for the money. Very bright, throws out a long way, very handy to just slip in the pocket and not notice it or carry it pooched on a belt kit if that's your thing.

Niton have branded theirs now: New Link

I used a Surefire 6P for work back in the day but I'd have been just as happy with this and with the added bonus of bog standard replacement batteries out of the stores.

Pays your money, takes your choice but £35 to sub £10 is no brainer. Simples.

No connection to Niton or DX except happy customer. :)

Last edited:

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
Bought one recently for work,I was concerned I might lose the spacer tube, so I insulated to a firm fit a length of steel rod, the difference in length between the CR123 battery and a AA battery, if I lose the insulated rod if I use an AA battery, it will be easier to replace than the tube.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE