Huge stainless pan help?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Chinese supermarkets. They have enormous stainless steel pans and they also have the drop in inserts for catering warmers.

I got an enormous stainless steel hood from a fryer for a dyebath once. Now I have a huge sink that I keep beside the green house for washing out plant trays, etc. It needs a 1000mm kitchen unit to fit it into a utility room. Came from Ikea for £12 as a seconds....Typha has the dubious distinction of going shopping with me and I actually did buy the kitchen sink :D...no idea how you'd support it to boil water in it though :dunno:

How about an old jerry can ? Cut the top off it ?, or would a steel gas bottle work likewise ?

M

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Mark - I'll have a ponder! The price of those sheets tells me why large pans are so dear :eek:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That would do it Silverback - but I can't run to that for boiling up used frames in :(

I doubt his volumes too - I suspect he means 96 litres rather than cubic metres :lmao:

Miniwhisk - needs to be about 25 litres minimum - 35 litres would be ideal

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
It all goes on weight, Each grade of steel will have a price per gram, things seem like they can go up a lot, in just a small change in size but that small change can add a lot of weight to the total

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Rik - I have a larger version of that but need to go larger still sadly - think more like "laundry" than cooking :)

Santaman - you are right of course and its on my "to learn" list - along with my neighbours to teach me! I am busy with bees and he is busy putting a shooting platform into a Unimog at the moment....hopefully this Winter we can find time!

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wood could work if I tanked it - I deally I would like to heat the water on direct heat rather than electrically though. If necessary I'll get an old Burco and heat that up :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE