How's the weather ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
It's this time of year I like to check the level of insulation in houses as i pass by. Any house with frost still on the roof is good, any with defrosted patches bad. An easy check. Things are looking better now than when I started doing that.

Reactions: Toddy

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I was driving to work this morning and all the farms and fields were covered with a white furry frost. Brown leaves were drifting down, and the sky was a fresh blue.
And on the radio they were playing Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata'.

'Ahhh,' I thought to myself. 'The world can't be all that bad after all.'

That idea soon changed once I was at work...

Reactions: Toddy and Nice65

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bitter cold wind blew through early this afternoon, then the cloud came down and sat like a huge grey duvet over the top of us. It's warmed up, it's now +4˚C and it's raining.
Typical British weather really.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Never above freezing all day, went out around 9.30pm, and nearly landed on my posterior. Heavy rain on top of hard frost, not good.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Got into the work carpark to go home last night and the puddles were all crunchy ice still. 3 or 4 degrees. This morning 4 degrees and frost free. Pretty clear weather too.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Below zero, roads treacherous. Has there been a change in the composition of Vibram ? Got my old boots on today, and I'm sliding about like a drunk skater. Soles look identical to my more recent boots, but they don't misbehave in the same manner.

Reactions: Toddy

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
There have always been better rubber for colder conditions i believe but there's some newer winterised rubber on the market these days but sole pattern helps too.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its raining and rough like its going out of fashion here.

Like as not this will continue until May, at least.

Cornwall is sooo predictable.

But the good news is, if by some mishap we have a clear day, it will be summery.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Rug up. Real winter might start this weekend with 30 cm snow and -10C.
At least the crap brushes off like sugar. I'm ready for it.
House is warm, dry and full of food and drink.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We're warm :) and dry. It's nearly 8pm and it's nearly +9˚C outside here. I've put the central heating off, the house is roasting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE