How will bushcrafters deal with the x-ray lamp posts?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2006
Nil
dave k said:
It's personal experience I'm afraid... Last issue I had was when my ATM card was scammed at a cashpoint machine. I tried to phone up the police to report it, but they started saying they didn't think it was illegal to put a card-reader into a cashpoint and read people's card's.... Then he said since the card was used in Ireland I'd have to call up the Irish police to report the crime there, as they didn't want to report it in the UK because they would have to investiage it, and it had already happend and no-one was being hurt by this crime..

Hi Dave, Thanks for coming back to my question & sorry about the delayed response. As you've probably guessed, I'm "old-Bill" myself - served for 27 years (feels like 47 years!). Hopefully if you met me on or off duty you'd decide I was one of the good guys!

As for your ATM card experience, on behalf of the coppers who actually try to do the right thing, I can only apologise for the inactivity of whoever you spoke to. I suspect that you either wound up calling a call centre and spoke to a police employee (as opposed to a police officer) who hadn't been properly trained and didn't know what he was on about, or, sadly, you spoke to a bone-idle police officer of the "shiney pants" brigade who never leaves the office!

Just because the offence - and it was an offence - took place in Ireland, makes no odds. Had I been the policeman you'd spoken to, I would have take full details, possibly including a full formal statement and then forwarded the case over to the police for the area of Ireland where the offence occurred to be investigated. Can't say what they'd have done with it, but not a lot of effort on my part at all and I'm sure it would have left you feeling a lot better.

As for "No-one being hurt by the crime," COBBLERS! You were no-doubt inconvenienced and the bank lost money / a trader lost goods. And who's going to pay to make up their shortfall? Yes, You and me, through bank charges and higher prices!

As for the stuff coming out from that nice Mr Blair's office at No 10 and the rules from my HQ it generates, I too find myself wondering what the heck is going on!

No wonder we go and hide in the woods for a bit of peace & quiet!

Yeoman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE