How useful are reviews

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

5teep

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2017
Scotland
Fake Amazon reviews are pretty easy to spot and if you're not sure just click on the reviewers name and see what else they have reviewed. A shill will nearly always have a bunch of "glowing" reviews posted on the same day.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
"I found ..........'s Bushcraft-freindly T-Shirt to perform flawlessly and as expected. Buy one and you won't be disappointed. Awesome peice of kit that one should not dream of entering the woods without."

Tell the full and whole truth more than once as a would-be outdoor kit reviewer and you'll soon find your mail box bereft of new product.

K

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
All design is compromise, a review that feels honest should from my thinking give a fair balance between pro's and con's, review's are pretty subjective but in the main there a fair heads up, and a good product for me is one with the pro's fitting what you want it to do and with con's you can live with.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I use reviews before buying any product online or even in a shop. Take your time and sift through all the murk until one of your choice becomes clear.

My most recent purchase, a cool box that actually works, had me begin with Yeti and then discover Rtic (basically the same, to the point of legal action). Good boxes, but still pricy. Then some others, then working out I don't need marine or pickup truck toughness for Aussies or Texas dwelling.

Looked on Amazon at some of the Colemans and all the reviews for the Mk1 and very much improved Mk2 are clumped together. So, guided by the fact there's an upgraded, smaller, more efficient version of what I'm after, I pursued that. So yes, reviews will point you in the right direction if you take your time and sift out the rubbish.

Reactions: snappingturtle

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I read quite a few reviews and it's hard to actually pin down what's accurate when they're all clumped together. I tend to like reviews that are written by users, people that get out and put the kit to work, or use the tech etc. I think it's part of the reason I look for a good return policy, you can never really be sure that the products as good as it says or the reviews say. We have a fair amount of stuff for review here on Bushcraft UK and some of it we won't write up as it's rubbish and there's no point, but having reviews done by people that get out using the stuff is important.

So, I'm of the opinion that reviews are important and can play a big part in making the right choice on what you buy, but caution needs to be applied and research done done.

underground

May 31, 2005
Sheffield
The most useful review I’ve read in ages proved useful at the weekend after my wife’s favourite coat had the zip slider crushed in a door jamb and break in half.
I remembered vaguely something John Fenna had written about on bcuk so a quick google later and a ‘fixnzip’ set was ordered. Correct size selected, 30 seconds later and the coat is good as new with no hassle whatsoever- and big brownie points earned by me.

Thanks John!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE