How to wash up in the wilderness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
I just lick my spoon and bowl clean, and rinse the cooking pot a bit with sand and water (i'll try the ash thing next time though!). I wash my hands once a week or something like that. Yea I'm really dirty, but that's why I want no one too use my cup or spoon, it's mine! :D Never get sick... I guess not even diseases want to be close to me :eek:

When buying new cups I always see if my tongue can touch the bottom. No kidding! :)

Reactions: redcollective

Earthpeace

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2006
France
The old French people mop the bowl ( wooden) or want ever with bread, then swill with red wine and drink it. The wine sterillise's them.
I think a lot has to do with your stomach, most city peoples stomachs are so sterile that a bit of dirt gos in they get ill. In France people still eat a lot of home grow foods and eat thing like blue cheese ( which is mouldy cheese).
Have you ever smelt/tasted a goat farm cheese, that been matured next to the billy goat ( standard pratise) I can tell you, ;) you need a stomach of Iron.

P.S I love your post gunnix , I did not think there was anybody out there as bad as me :You_Rock_ .

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
A good idea we have found is :eek: baby wipes as they are always clean and very light to carry plus you can burn/stow them when finished. This also saves on water and you can pick them up from most places for under a quid :) 1 tub has loads and weighs only grams. Pots pans cutlery just sand/water then boiling water then over the fire for a sec to dry. I know this may seem a little OTT but i never get ill or waste water so works for me :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE