'how to stay alive in the woods' bradford angier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gb

Forager
Nov 4, 2003
Cornwall
found this book today in the college library, have'nt read much yet but its really well written. Its a reprint of the original from 1956 by Bradford Angier aimed at North America

also found 'surviving cold weather' by Greg Davenport. not really relevant to this time of year (or my part of the country!) but might be interesting.

cheers gb

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Would say the Bradford book - how to stay alive in the woods - is an ok read but nothing special - a little dated too.

Havent read the Davenport one but heard good things about it - let us know what you think! :-D

gb

Forager
Nov 4, 2003
Cornwall
yep will do. i doubt the Angier book will have anything that is'nt written in other books, but i've quite enjoyed reading it so far.

cheers gb

gb

Forager
Nov 4, 2003
Cornwall
finished this one now, its good to read but not worth it if you want something to learn from. i'd definately buy it if it was for a collection though.

cheers gb

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
The Angier books are dated and even contain some dangerous advise. Much of his material was itself from outside sources and untried by Angier, hence the rather disorganised structure of his books. Still, he is a fun read, had an interesting life and inspired many when nothing much else was out there. Much of Davenport's material is lifted directly from the AF survival manual. Greg was trained as a survival instructor by the AF and it makes a nice career. Few of these guys make a fortune except through possible book sales and marketing another ultimate survival knife. Greg is pumping out a whole series on specific climes, much like another series of books from over there. What were they called again? The SAS guide to surviving during a crop circle formation volume 3?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE