How to Set Fire to Sixty Two 7 & 8 Year Olds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
good job mate, it looks like a well appointed school too, is that a living willow tunnel in the background?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Looks like it, doesn't it ? :D

That's the kind of showing off (ahem, illustrated topic) that we all find interesting though :cool:

The firelighting must have fitted right in there :)

cheers,
Toddy

good job mate, it looks like a well appointed school too, is that a living willow tunnel in the background?

It's not a bad little school for Bath & North East Somerset Council. I'm on the voluntary grounds committee with other like minded people so we get to choose really good stuff to go into the school. As you can see there are lots of wooden structures we've organised and done (planters, monkey bars, a ship, totem poles etc) And like you have observed we've put up several living willow (Salix viminalis) features too. A couple of tunnels and a stage backdrop for the very small kids. I do bespoke stuff for paying clients too, but they are never as fun....hc

Wayland

Hárbarðr
What's wrong with onions , Wayland?

Turds of the Devil....

I don't know why but my body just rejects them big time and projectile vomiting is not one of my favourite pastimes.

I missed this thread first time round, glad it went well for you HC.

I usually do my Viking talk sat in front of pelts from sheep, goats, wild boar, wolf, bear, beaver and three different types of deer. The approach I take is to point at their shoes and say "what do you think they are made of?" Fortunately I've never yet been confronted by anyone wearing plastic shoes.

Follow up by explaining that people in the past used every scrap of the animal that they killed and doing anything less, like we often do today, simply does not show any respect for the life that has been taken.

Reactions: Toddy

Dormouse

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2010
UK
Really enjoyed this thread. Glad it all went well HC. I bet the kids loved it. And kudos on being involved in those lovely school grounds!

Sorry couldn't let this pass:
so i asked how its worse than getting wanked out of bed by the hair

Freudian slip I think! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE