How to poo in the arctic...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
When I worked in Antarctica, there was a graph on the wall with temperature and wind speed on the axis, and the curve showed whether or not your you'd be able to finish peeing before your old fella froze solid. It certainly made you think.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
When I worked in Antarctica, there was a graph on the wall with temperature and wind speed on the axis, and the curve showed whether or not your you'd be able to finish peeing before your old fella froze solid. It certainly made you think.

:Wow: :Wow: :Wow: Wipes tears from eyes ..... :Wow: :Wow: :Wow:

Wow that must hurt, I think I would resort to a pee bottle/thermas flask combination :rolleyes:

Rich

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Don't forget that with most books you can "try before you buy" at your local public library!

I got a copy of How to Poo etc, from my local library for a look. The book was ok, but it's published to accompany a BBC childrens TV series. I thought it was ok to have a nose at, but I wouldn't have bought it.

If you can't find it on the shelf at the library, ask the staff. They'll almost certainly be able to get it in from another branch, or even another county's library service for a small fee - we're talking pennies here! If you have a mobile library serving your village, requests for out of stock books are generally free.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
This is typicaly refined BBC kids stuff...

Oh, and Surrey Yeoman, have you ordered a book of late? its not pennies any more.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
I bet it describes the siberian method of doing a plop. You got two sticks. One to lean on and one to fight the animals off with.:lmao:

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
You gotta be careful with errrr moist stuff outside in the arctic havnt you? So wouldnt be a good idea to get close to the ground incase you got frozen there. I recall an article about a drunk russian man who urinated up against a bus stop and ended up getting stuck to it by the wang.

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
This is typicaly refined BBC kids stuff...

Oh, and Surrey Yeoman, have you ordered a book of late? its not pennies any more.

Tengu,

In Surrey, It's a pound (100 pennies :) ) for a book from another library within in Surrey, or three quid if they have to bring it in from another county. Kid's books are cheaper and I think there's reduced rates / exemptions for OAPs. Still cheaper than buying a book and finding it's not to your taste. I see it's even cheaper in Wiltshire; 60p for an internal request and the same three quid for out of county requests.

Not forgetting of course that if it's in the library where you are, it's FREE!

Burnt Ash..............

..............................Good spot - :lmao: :lmao:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I wholeheardedtly disagree with having to pay for a book to be brought into my local library,i pay enough in council tax as it is.This is a new 'tax' in recent years and does not lend itself to constructive use by those who are watching the pennies , nor should it be.
I find these sort of charges, apart from late fines ridicoluous.
And to continue , God help Scottishwolfs' hound if he takes it to the Arctic (and himself), they're both big beasties!
Bruno can sure dump a few pounds!:lmao:

Oh and i'm surprised Spamel , you've not mentioned the old trick of placing a shovel under a neighbous a**e and the ensuing rigmarole as he wonders where it's went...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE