How to impress the ladies...

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Chicks dig scars so...

1) build a woodburning stove from scrap materials
2) light the stove and get it really hot
3) use a metal tent peg as a makeshift door handle - make sure the peg gets really really hot
4) put the peg down carefully on the ground (or preferably on something that you don't want to get damaged, like the canvas bedroll that was your Grandfather's in WW2)
5) place hand onto the peg, leaving it long enough to make a deep and painful blister that will probably lead to a scar
6) whittle a sh*tty stick to beat them off with...

91592615-79A7-4D38-9F58-F2955D263451-70690-00002FF7E7AC7762.jpg

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'm well please for you spandit, well done, must have been the tremendous heat from the stove in such a confined place that made you forgetful. That stove of yours needs a proper handle.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
If the blister were the size of your palm then you'd have my sympathy :p

Wasn't after your sympathy! :D

Hugo, you're right, it does need a proper handle. The original one fell off and it was so late by the time I set it up last night that didn't have time to make a proper one.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I did a similar thing with a hot bar of metal at a show earlier this 'summer' and it left me with an identical level/depth of burn (also same shape) running across my palm in a similar position. It was basically fine by the following day, but the mark was still there a couple of months later. I wouldn't think it will scar though (sorry), it takes alot to leave a scar on a palm!

A useful tip I've picked up is to rub a little lavender oil on the burn. It helps it to heal more quickly, relieves a bit of the pain and has the unfortunate side effect that you smell like an old lady :D

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
i got marked on my elbow from a go-cart in sweden in 2005.
you could clearly see the cooling ribs from the engine on my elbow for 1-2 years.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
On an equally stupid theme, mid 90's in Liverpool ..

1) Go out with girlfriend (who eventually became the wife) for a night on the tiles
2) Have a great night out consuming cheap alcohol in various student bars and dancing the night away
3) Head back to the student digs with girlfriend and three of her girly mates
4) After getting out of taxi realise you've locked yourself out and don't have a key
5) Decide to put fist through window in front door instead of using a brick or elbow protected by thick leather jacket
6) Sever two veins in the back of the hand as a result of a nice 3" gash
7) After lots of girly screams and blood get in taxi and head for A&E
8) Spend 6 hours in Liverpool General A&E getting stitched and glued on a Saturday night

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:rolleyes:

What are you lot like ?? Swing the lantern a bit more lads :D

Someday we're going to have a Scars and their causes thread............and you can vote on the most impressive one :headbang:

Hope it heals well Spandit :)

atb,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE